^ I've never thought anyone could possibly hate Nexus beyond perhaps a lack of much humor.

- Rewatch Juspion, Spielban, Metalder and Solbrain now that they're fully subbed.

- Rewatch Bycrosser, now with subs

- Watch Bima X.

- Watch Daimajin Kanon (2010)

- Watch Kikaider Reboot and the 1972 show.

Yeah, pretty much every English speaking fan who has seen Nexus seems to love it. That's partially why I want to revisit it; In the hope that I'll finally discover what everyone else saw in it. But it wouldn't be the first time that everyone seemed to love a show that I didn't care for. For example - Kikaider!

I'm only half kidding when I say that if you want to watch Kikaider then just watch Metalder again. IMO it's the best version of the Kikaider concept. Heck, I think it's one of the best toku shows Toei ever made. But it got cancelled so what do I know?

I very nearly put Solbrain on my list as it's a show I've been meaning to check out since I finished Winspector, but other shows (like Goranger) keep turning up that I just have more desire to see.

-EDIT!- If I was capable to translating or subbing, I'd like to make subs of the Super Sentai and Kamen Rider movies that have come out in recent years but have no translation (other than maybe TV-Nihon, which doesn't count). However, I don't have that ability, and I'm not in a comfortable financial place where I can pay someone to do that.

EDIT: I changed my mind. I DO have a tokusatsu resolution. I'm going to watch the show Tokusatsu GaGaGa even if no one subs it. (But a sub would be nice.)

Last edited:
Your taste for their work notwithstanding, I don't see why TV-Nihon wouldn't count as a fansub. I've seen the work of other subbers whose translation choices I've flat out despised compared to TV-Nihon's.

D

Dr Kain

Plans for 2019:

Watch and review Flashman - Just blazed through the first 9 episodes already.

Watch and review Maskman.

Watch and review Shinkenger.

Just finished my review to Gaoranger, which should be up tomorrow or Thursday (depending if I give Patreon supporters first crack).

Watch and review Hurricaneger and any other shows Shout! Factory releases.

Stalk Sentai Filmworks until they at least announce Garo Soukoku no Maryu.

Watch and review Juspion when the BD comes out.

Watch and review Ultraman Towards the Future.

Maybe just watch to enjoy another Ultra series on Crunchyroll. Probably the two that came after Nexus. Oh, and R/B if it ever actually steams legally.

While anime, watch and review Gatchaman, Sailor Moon S, and Sailor Moon Super S.

Your taste for their work notwithstanding, I don't see why TV-Nihon wouldn't count as a fansub. I've seen the work of other subbers whose translation choices I've flat out despised compared to TV-Nihon's.

There was an entire Tumblr page with pages upon pages dedicated to all the translating mistakes they've made. And it's not just small stuff or common translation errors either. (Does anyone remember the ZyuRanger translation error where Bandora was actually asking for a calculator?) If TV-Nihon was "good enough", there wouldn't be a need for other, better groups to pick up their slack and do a better job translating.
Not to mention, TV-Nihon has done some morally questionable things that I cannot in good faith support. Things that have made the tokusatsu community a little worse.

At most, the only thing I could ever bring myself to watch is TV-Nihon's translation of music videos. But that's only because they are also translating the official written lyrics, so there is less room for error.

D

Dr Kain

I try to avoid the Nihon debate, because as far as I know the people that did those things years ago are gone, but yeah, I only use Nihon when they are my only choice. King Ranger did a lot of damage to the group during his reign of terror when he had that dildo stuck extremely far up his ass.

I sent them my Region 2 Kamen Rider Ryuki DVDs to rip and not only did it take them 7 months to return them to me, but when I got them back, discs had scratches and some of the disc cases were messed up, so clearly the jackasses didn't properly take care of them because they weren't their's, and then they didn't give me credit for them when they did release the show claiming they had someone else provide them the raws. Yeah, okay.

I try to avoid the Nihon debate, because as far as I know the people that did those things years ago are gone, but yeah, I only use Nihon when they are my only choice. King Ranger did a lot of damage to the group during his reign of terror when he had that dildo stuck extremely far up his ass.

Why does everyone always assume I'm talking about the younger years of TV-Nihon? This happens every time I bring this up, no one even asks nor assumes that maybe I'm talking about stuff they've done recently and still continue to do. Heck, I actively try to AVOID name-dropping any specific people simply because I either don't know who all is responsible or, like in the case of King Ranger, I know some people have changed and don't need to bring any more drama into their life than they've all ready faced.

Also, real sorry about your Ryuki DVDs, Kain. Total disrespect.

D

Dr Kain

Why does everyone always assume I'm talking about the younger years of TV-Nihon? This happens every time I bring this up, no one even asks nor assumes that maybe I'm talking about stuff they've done recently and still continue to do. Heck, I actively try to AVOID name-dropping any specific people simply because I either don't know who all is responsible or, like in the case of King Ranger, I know some people have changed and don't need to bring any more drama into their life than they've all ready faced.

Also, real sorry about your Ryuki DVDs, Kain. Total disrespect.

I don't think I ever said anything about you saying you don't like Nihon for what happened years ago. I was just explaining why I tend to not getting into a discussion about Nihon most of the time.