Kyoryu Change!
2014 plans include..
- Finish Gaim and Kyoryuger
- Watch the rest of Faiz and W
- Start Kabuto and Tokyuger (might be spelled incorrect idk)
- Re-watch Decade, Shinkenger, and Kyoryuger

What I completed in 2013 was...
- Finished Goseiger, Go-Busters, Fourze, Magiranger, Dragon Knight, and OOO
- Re-watched Go-Onger, Gokaiger, and Den O
- Watched a few episodes of Wizard, W, Faiz, Ryuki, Kugga, Dekaranger, Abaranger, Ohranger, Dairanger, and Zyuranger.

So for some reason I randomly remembered this thread earlier on today. There really was something about publically declaring what shows you intended to watch that actually got you to watch them. Seeing as I didn't watch anywhere near as much toku in 2016 as in previous years, I clearly need to get back on it in 2017. So it's thread resurrection time!

OK, here we go: In 2017 I intend to watch at least Winspector, Fuuma no Kojirou, Demon Hunter Mitsurugi, and both of the Tomica Hero series.

Fingers crossed this works :sweat:

Last edited:
I kind-of finished the Heisei era of Kamen Rider, from Kuuga to Decade in 2016. I say "kind-of" because I ragequit on Den-O about halfway through.

Thinking I might fill in the post-decade gaps this year, which means OOO, Fourze and Wizard (seen W, Gaim, Drive and Ghost, and Ex-Aid is currently airing). But before that I'm going to watch Ultraman Gaia.

No idea what else I'm going to watch aside from that. Depends what mood I'm in. Haven't seen any Sentai pre-Jetman though, so that might be something to consider for me.

My 2017 resolutions so far are:
- Giving the Ultraman franchise a chance (never watched anything)
- Watching GoGoV (I think it is the only sentai I haven't watched yet and I'm curious about it)
- Watching Amazons and Blade

Heroes are forever
Nice thread revival!

My resolutions for this year are:
-Watch Kamen Rider Drive. For bonus points, I also watch this as I'm learning how to drive and watch the first ep. on the first day of driving lessons. I've been holding it off for this lol
-Watch Kamen Rider Ghost after Drive
-Based XIG has done wonderful stuff for the English-speaking fandom. I shall definitely watch the first Rider series and Super-1 this year with subs.
-Amazons season 2, hopefully with an Amazon Prime sub
-Kyuranger. This time I hope I have the motivation to watch it every week and not let the episodes stack up like with Zyuohger. The series looks promising
-I've been meaning to get to Metalder, Kaiketsu Zubat or maybe Garo. Since those former two are short series I hope I can squeeze one in sometime during the year

So 2018 wasn't a year where I watched less toku than usual, but somehow all of the shows I had intended to watch kept getting leapfrogged by other ones. Also, I'm slogging through the ridiculously long 'Lupin the Third Part 2' which threatens to eat up a lot of my viewing time if I let it. So, as this has worked for me in the past, it's time to do it again!

Plans for 2019:

Finish 'Garo: Vanishing Line'
OK, it's a toku-related anime rather than an actual toku show. Vanishing Line began in late 2017 and had a two-week festive period break before continuing in early 2018. I was watching it as it began broadcasting, only to get distracted by other shows during that break and didn't continue with it.
The Garo franchise may be a shadow of what it once was, but somehow it still bugs me that I haven't finished an entry, so I'd best change that.

Watch 'Return of Ultraman'
Ivanhobe doesn't seem to post on here anymore, but around a year ago they live-tweeted as they watched Return of Ultraman and I was intrigued. Even though the only English subbed version is the barely-comprehensible Malaysian bootleg I saw three episodes and the quality of the show shone through regardless. Somehow it kept getting sidelined in 2018 but it's time to change that.

Watch 'Himitsu Sentai Goranger'
Finally finished by Rampage subs in 2018, I watched the first three episodes out of curiosity and enjoyed them so much that I quickly saw another three. Even if it is 'double length', I want to see the rest of it ASAP.

Have another try of 'Ultraman Nexus'
So, I tried this years ago and after watching the first dozen episodes AND the prequel movie...I hated it.
But from talking to people on twitter it sounds like I have gotten through the part containing most of the elements I disliked about the show. So maybe it's worth continuing a little further to see if I finally "get it"? I won't promise to finish it though.