Tokumei Sentai GoBusters THE MOVIE: Protect Tokyo's Enetron Rumor/Picture Thread

Minato Ascending
I'm betting Toei pre-planned all this stuff for the show before any of the series was shot, let alone aired, let alone turned out to be a massive dud. It's the only explanation I can come up with for why all the Busters and even the friggin' Buddyroids are getting FiguArts. It's clear from the pre-release marketing hype that with Go-Busters, Toei was planning to try and create a hit out of it through sheer force of marketing. I can't fault Toei's logic there, as Toei's managed to turn any number of mediocre or outright bad Rider shows into financial successes purely through heavy marketing. There was no reason for Toei to think they couldn't do the same for a Sentai season.

Go-Busters was supposed to lead Sentai into a new era of popularity, and I'm sure part of that was Toei deciding to update their DVD release style and begin making them more fan-friendly. It only seems to have been in the last five years that Toei's figured out that adult Sentai fans will spend money on nice things from shows they like, after all. On the bright side, if this is going to be Toei's new standard treatment for Sentai going forward, then we can expect nice things for future shows, and we may get some nice bonuses when vintage shows are inevitably pushed out to Blu-Ray in the coming years. On the downside, Toei investing all this effort into Go-Busters discs that won't move may convince the company it's not worth the cost.

I'm surprised that Toei did not give Gokaiger this kind of royal treatment, considering the amount of hype and expectations that went into it. And it seems odd that Toei would have such a high expectation for a sentai series that is quite experimental.

Nice post!!
I'm surprised that Toei did not give Gokaiger this kind of royal treatment, considering the amount of hype and expectations that went into it.

Gokaiger was marketed a bit more than typical Sentai, as far as I could tell, though not as much as a Rider show. I get the feeling Toei's plan for Gokaiger and Go-Busters was to do a show to say good-bye to the "old" style of Sentai, then heavily hype up Sentai's new era. In that situation, of course you hype the forward-looking show more than the backwards-looking one.

And it seems odd that Toei would have such a high expectation for a sentai series that is quite experimental.

I think most of Toei's marketing plans were probably decided before Go-Busters's toys were designed, let alone before the show's creative style was determined. I don't think Toei believes quality has anything to do with how popular or lucrative shows are (and generally, they're right). I think Toei basically felt that with Go-Busters, no matter what it was, if they marketed it aggressively kids would decide Sentai was a big deal again and begin watching more faithfully. That approach has almost always paid off for Toei with Heisei Rider, and I don't think Toei really appreciates that Sentai and Rider are very different franchises where viewers (even young ones) bring very different expectations.

I know not everyone interested with the movie, but the DVD & Blu-ray already released last week (December 7th).

You & I need Rorschach
I know not everyone interested with the movie, but the DVD & Blu-ray already released last week (December 7th).
Well I'm interested :buttrock:! C'mon, it's the uncut version that is 1 hour
instead of the usual 30-35 mins. I'm waiting for the subs though.:)

I don't do sense
Actually it's just 35 minutes (over 27 in theatrical cut).
The 60 minutes thing was a confusion in DVD specs (For normal release they counted only the main program but for complete pack they counted it DC+extras for some reason)