Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters VS Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger - Talk Up, Ready...GO!!!!

always henshining'
finally watched the subs
a good movie, despite the irremediable dullness of the Go-busters and their shitty Buddyroids which i couldnt care less. and like in Go-busters the series, the ground fights could be much better but at least the mech battle was unique and exciting, even if mostly due to the Gokaigers powers.
still, it was very nice seeing the Gokaigers again. i would say the last time but we never know, besides there are Marvelous and Gai in Z.

Lurker
Did I see red buster getting Karou's number at the end of the movie?!

Nope, that was him just giving the ShinkenRed key back to her.

[HIDE]Okay... let me get this straight, Marvelous. Your plan, your DAMN MASTER PLAN, was "make the bad guys think we went bad and, to prove this, we'll go to Earth and blow up an Enetron Tower, killing hundreds of people in the process."

Congrats, Marv. When you do something like that, you're not pretending to be bad. YOU ACTUALLY ARE BAD. Hiromu is 100% in the right to call you on your bullshit.

Then, oh my goodness, do you actually have the GALL to say that the Go-Busters aren't a real Super Sentai team who can't be trusted after the **** you pulled?

You, sir, are a JERKBUTT. A complete, utter, unforgivable, unlikable, retched, JERKBUTT.

What's extra aggravating is that, after that scene, the plot line is effectively dropped cold and never brought up again except for one throw away line in the end credits, because the Gokaigers never actually have to ever face the consequences of their damn actions.

This is pretty much how the Gokaiger have always acted and demonstrates why they're such terrible heroes yet again. They don't give a damn about consequences and the world just magically warps around them so they never have to. It's to such a degree that Marv's being a complete jerkbutt is considered a POSITIVE trait and that is just dumb as all balls.[/HIDE]

[HIDE]They didn't actually kill anybody. Do you really think that they don't care about consequences or whatever? They're not bad people.

Also, what do you think that Marvelous & his crew were supposed to do? Both Bacchus Gil & Waredonaiyer were too overpowered for them. Would you rather have them get killed by them very easily? What would you do if you were in their shoes, for one? How would you write the script about it? :p[/HIDE]

Last edited:
Lurker
I think my problem with the movie was that the Gokaigers weren't really....there. I mean, yeah, they were present, and all six actors were back, but they didn't feel like themselves. It's like they were robotic clones of the Gokaigers.

They do that "We're cold and emotionless because we're evil" thing at the beginning and when they reveal they're good, they don't ditch the emotionless thing. I just felt like it wasn't the Gokaigers being Gokaigers.

The Go-Busters stuff was good. I am CONVINCED the Buddyroid plot was what they were going to use in a two part leading up to the Powered Custom. It's perfect. Have something really tragic and kind of disturbing happen with the Go-Busters thinking they've lost their partners forever, and then at the end something saves them and they get a new power that combines the Buster and the Buddyroid. It's classic Sentai. I guess with the retool that might have been too dark at the time? Who knows...

Usually when I watch these versus movies it's a really good episode of the current show with lots of fun elements of the previous show thrown in with the old cast as great guest stars. I didn't feel the Gokaiger stuff at all. It felt most like SHT Gokaiger than the one from their series and all their movies. Usually I get all excited and end up missing the old team more after these movies are over. I felt none of that with the Gokaiger. Sadly, I kind of miss them less because it's like they weren't really there. :eyebrow:

I mean, it wasn't a totally horrible movie, I was just expecting more from the pirates and it wasn't there.

In Justice, We Trust!
You'd think a bunch of giant mechas fighting in Feudal japan would have serious repercussions on the space time continum…time travel makes my head hurt.

Mecha gokai change was all kinds of awesome though.

[HIDE]They didn't actually kill anybody. Do you really think that they don't care about consequences or whatever? They're not bad people.[/HIDE]

I was originally hiding less for any spoilerific reason and more because my original complaint was so long I didn't want to take up an entire page with it, so there's no need for the tag anymore.

... Unless this response gets a bit long too. :laugh:

Anyway, yes, I do really think the Gokaigers do not care about the consequences of their actions but that's because their show never gave them a reason to. That stands out and makes for an irritating narrative in a format where another show involved WOULD require caring about the consequences of actions.

I mean, in this case, it's a MAJOR plot point of Go-Busters that hundreds of people work and even live in those Enetron towers 24/7 on top of how important that power is for the entire city. There's no way you can say an explosion like that didn't kill anyone and just casually destroying a facility that way, without it ever being brought up again, ignores... well, one of the central tenants of Go-Buster's show. (So I guess the Busters DID get mis-written the same way the Goseigers did in 199 Heroes after all.)

Also, what do you think that Marvelous & his crew were supposed to do? Both Bacchus Gil & Waredonaiyer were too overpowered for them. Would you rather have them get killed by them very easily?

I find it weird that you list Waredonaiyer as one of the major threats. I can't really think of anything major he did in the movie except look like he was getting ready to do something and then get shot from off-camera. I mean it almost became a joke by the time the Kyoryugers showed up to do it to him TWICE before finally putting him out of his misery.

What would you do if you were in their shoes, for one? How would you write the script about it? :p

Easy. (And yep, this is hidden for length again. :laugh: )

[Hide]Have it, instead of the Gokai Galleon being completely destroyed, just have it badly damaged and the Gokaigers forced to retreat from the Zangyak homeworld with Bacchus in pursuit in his Black Galleon.

Then have the Gokaigers hide the ship in the shadow of the moon or something as it auto-repairs and have Bacchus go on to Earth to continue his Mythic Ranger Key Quest/draw out the Gokaigers by attacking.

When the Go-Busters show up, have the Gokaigers arrive a second too late to prevent the attack and make it look like they were responsible for it. Given the Gokaiger's stand-offish nature I could buy a scenario where the Go-Busters ask them, "What the hell, did you do this?!"

The Gokaiger's respond with, "Buzz off, our business. And what would you wusses be able to do even if we did?"

This would still net you a fight scene but one Gokai Silver could more easily break up and prevent either team from looking too bad/stupid and get back to the plot more easily. You also completely avoid the "we randomly got the Galleon back from the past" plot beat later.[/HIDE]

And that's ultimately my issue with Gokai in this movie. You CAN make the Gokaigers look... okay, in the right situation (Gokai vs Gavan proved that) but this was far from a situation that could allow that to happen.

I wonder why they couldn't just have gone with evil clones or brainwashing here, considering how they had just used the whole "working with the villains in order to betray them" idea for Super Hero Taisen...

Banned
"Hey the galeon was destroyed so we have to come up with this stupid plan to get it all back... NO WAIT WE WENT BACK IN TIME AND GOT IT LETS FIGHT" Other than this bit of bad writing the movie was ok. The final powers at the end were fun.

Last edited:
I'm A Djinn
I find it is your standard fare for VS movies. I honestly wouldve liked a more epic setup given this is the first crossover where I genuinely liked both teams, as opposed to 1 team I like with a team I am either so-so with or just uninterested in (Shinkenger:thumbs: & Go-onger:disappoin, Shinkenger:thumbs: & Goseiger:disappoin, Gokaiger:buttrock: & Goseiger:disappoin).

Minor but, what dafuq is up with Luka's hair? Is she wearing a bad wig or was her hair really like that. It just really kinda bugged me. Still gorgeous as always, as with Ahim too.

A lot happened so it was far from what I'd find boring, but nothing that really wowwed me. Kinda bummed that Basco and Escape were pretty much throwaways too (yea and that other guy). I did love the Shinkenger cameo as well.

The plot was so-so. Not bad but not great either. But can we please stop forcing in the Edo period scenes? Personal peeve there.

Bacchus was OK, at least he was actually menacing, but like many things about this movie, he wasnt very memorable. And for someone who apparently forced the Gokaigers to pretend to be working for him, his defeat was very underwhelming.

I really dug the final Megazords *chuckle* extravaganza although there could have been more Unmorphed *cackle* fights if you asked me. Kyoryuger cameo was pretty good too.

Overall, I thought it was a decent movie but nothing that stands out. Still really really enjoyed it and I think fans of either team will get a lot of fun out of watching this.

Seriously, please, what is with her hair?

They never went to the quarry, did they?

I laughed at this one. They made up for not going to the quarry by using the Edo set for the umpteenth time. If one of those is not present in these movies, you can rest assured that the other will be. The battles were on a much smaller scale than some of the other recent movies, so I guess they didn't need to film there this time.

As a Gokaiger fan and someone that never got into Go-Busters, I was a bit disappointed that the focus wasn't on them. At least the usual "pretend to be the bad guys" wasn't drawn out over the whole movie like it was in Super Hero Taisen, and I felt it was a decent way to recycle the plot elements again.