Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 45 - "Happy New Year! A Small Formidable Enemy Return"

tumblr_mfi07cTH3i1r0abexo1_500.png

Well here's the thread. Figured I'd better make it cause...who else is going too...dating shenanigans and repainted villains go ahead and talk about it. It doesn't matter. No one is going to post here...no one cares anymore...it's all "Oooh dinosaurs!" with you people, whatever, just leave me here...

Dessa

Fangtaku
Not the greatest copy, but we've got the special ending song up on youtube:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AM4FcgmmgYU"]Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters VS Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger THE MOVIE Preview #1 (temp.) - YouTube[/ame]

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
If there is something I know for a fact i'm going to miss, It's J. He is just to much sometimes. All you need to do is watch him, when everybody else is talking and you have your self a solid Sentai episode every time.

Kivat

Some kind of Beast mode
i take your standards for a solid episode arent very high :laugh:

They can't be that high, 20 year olds aren't the target audience. :p

But I have to say, J's comedy is a hit..where a lot of recent Toei toku comedy in general is forced, J's is all na-chew-ral.

J's comedy alone is better than Goseiger's, or Go-onger's combined.

Araki

always henshining'
You always come to Go-Busters thread to despise them, right? :)

because i said a background character is not enough to save a series or make an episode solid ? really ?? i thought i was stating the obvious.
i dont know why you are singling me out when everyone out there is hating. if only praise was allowed there would be about three people posting here. blame Toei for producing this crap :sweat:

Blazen

Wow this episode was bad. Possibly even worse than the Pink Buster episode. Literally the only good thing about it was J and he had all of 2 lines.

toni2212

Just managed to watch a bit of the subbed one.

Something is definitely lacking in the episode, but somehow it managed to establish the fact "When J is checking your ass, you can bet there's a Metaroid on your back!"

A slightest glimpse of producer trying to pitch Rika and Ryuji perhaps?

So the return of everyone's Messiah, which is Enter and Escape in the next episode.

Aikijou

One of the best

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show so far. J was great, as usual. But the hidden gem was Morishita when Ryuuji called him. I died for about 5 minutes with the whole 'Michael' skit.:laugh:

Herman the German

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
I'm for once agreeing with the general consensus that the only good stuff about this episode was J. (Okay, Jin was pretty likeable, too, here, but everything else was just… ugh.)

Goty

This is the around the point where modern Sentai usually gets a recap episode to save budget, especially the ones longer than 49 episodes...but Go-Busters opted for a regular, although obviously cheap episode instead. That's kind of interesting.

Lynxara

Nice post!!
This is the around the point where modern Sentai usually gets a recap episode to save budget, especially the ones longer than 49 episodes...but Go-Busters opted for a regular, although obviously cheap episode instead. That's kind of interesting.

It's pretty telling, too. Goseiger got retooled, but since it stuck roughly to the planned storyline, they could recap the show as a review of what Bladerun was doing. (There's a Japanese Sentai blogger who calls him "the real main character," and I kind of agree with that assessment.)

In Go-Busters, the plot goes through so many bizarre contortions that I'm not sure you could attempt to recap it in a way that was 100% logical. There's too many episodes that contradict other episodes, characterization is all over the place, and there's really no through-line for the show as a whole.

Seeing a modern "monster repaint" episode was pretty charming, though you can tell they haven't done these for awhile. The plot wasn't very creative and Mochiroid wasn't half so entertaining or well-handled as Eraseroid. There were some great composite shots in this episode, though.