Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 28 - "Watch Out for Chickens!"

Mad Skillz
It's probably gonna happen over the course of a few weeks. It's not like Hibiki where the original crew outright refused to make any changes and they had to fire them all in one go, producer Takebe and Yasuko Kobayashi have been bending to Toei. They've made adjustments as ratings come in and I'm gonna guess we'll see full on changes after/around the time of the Gavan team up.

Lurker
Yeah. I'm calling it now. They're going to face some sort of alien empire after Messiah bites it (IF he bites it that is)... Maybe the Delusion Empire. :laugh:

In Justice, We Trust!
The new OP the sequence reminds me of Aquarion (first series and EVOL) 2nd OP: it's just mostly stock footage, heck the song sounds like from a mecha anime. :laugh:

Love the body swap (but more like skin swap) scenes, somehow Suzuki Katsuhiro acts more girly than Arisa Komiya in those scenes. :sweat:

And that twist ending, wow...

Now that you mention it...the 2nd Gobuster OP did feel like it belonged more to an Anime.

Nice post!!
So it sounds like the new direction is working for them.

Probably not as well as they'd like. A 4.4% only gives them about one point up over last week, and isn't even one of the show's higher ratings to date.

So I'm guessing Escape is the spirit of Hiromu's mother since she doesn't look like his mother and nobody has recognized her.

Or the thing with Escape being Hiromu's mom is an asspull meant to speed the plot along faster than originally planned, and the show is going to flagrantly contradict what came before and how characters should be reacting. I've really gotten the vibe from this episode that Escape is on her way out, so giving her character a simplistic explanation like "avatar copy of Hiromu's mom" would fit with that. Go-Busters is throwing plotlines under the bus left and right now, so I would expect to see some contradictory writing emerge from that.

Lurker
Probably not as well as they'd like. A 4.4% only gives them about one point up over last week, and isn't even one of the show's higher ratings to date.

This. The highest rating that the show has ever gotten so far is 5.2%, & that happened back in episodes 8 & 16. Episode 12 has a rating of 5.1%, & episode 3 has a 5% rating. The rest fall in the 3% & 4% ranges, along with the lowest rating in episode 22 with 2.2% (Escape's debut) so far.

http://www10.atwiki.jp/shichouseiko/pages/542.html

What I got to say about the ratings is that, if a Sentai series were to have very low ratings back 10+ years ago like Go-Busters currently has, Sentai would've most likely been cancelled & would've gone the way of Metal Heroes.

Heck, Sentai came very close to cancellation when Ohranger had very awful ratings, & Go-Buster's current average rating is worse than Ohranger's right now. The very high toy sales of Ohranger most likely saved Sentai as a whole back then.

Last edited:
Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Can I remind everyone that the Wizard premiere is one of the PRIMARY REASONS why this Go-Busters episode got a boost in ratings? ;)

A Secret Messenger ...
Keith Justice said:
I... actually gotta say that I didn't feel any real big difference in tone. Hiromu came off juuuust a tinsy bit more lively, but that's about it.

I have to agree. We might see more significant changes in the next few episodes though.

I've really gotten the vibe from this episode that Escape is on her way out

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that's picked up on this. I know some people like Escape, but I have a hard time believing that she actually added anything to the show (beyond some very basic sex appeal). Enter on the other hand has always been one of my favorite parts of the show.

Minato Ascending
I have to agree. We might see more significant changes in the next few episodes though.

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that's picked up on this. I know some people like Escape, but I have a hard time believing that she actually added anything to the show (beyond some very basic sex appeal). Enter on the other hand has always been one of my favorite parts of the show.

I think Escape has a lot of potential, but for whatever reason they hardly use her, and if they will just dump her unceremoniously I'd be very disappointed.