Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 28 - "Watch Out for Chickens!"

DAIMON PAWNCH
Hmm, interesting!

[HIDE]What would that make Enter? According to spoilers/pre-release summaries, next week's episode involves Hiromu's father sending a message from hyperspace. So if Escape is Hiromu's mother, Enter doesn't seem to be Hiromu's father, unless they're simply the models for the avatar and not the avatar itself. Enter is technically Escape's "brother" ...[/HIDE]

Jerry, Jerry, Jerry, Jerry!

I don't mind the new theme. It's not quite as 'sing-a-long' as the previous one but it's still got a lot of energy to it. I did like how Jin and J are now integrated into the opening sequence in a way that Sentai has never done properly before. The new ending dance wasn't as good though. It doesn't fit the music as well as the original one, and while I appreciate that they're putting much more into the dance moves, it was a bit much for me. Again, good to see Jin and J brought into it properly though.

As for the episode, well yeah for the most part it was mostly a fun filler episode. Decent enough story to keep you interested, and right at the end a bit of setup for what will hopefully be a proper 'plot' episode next week. I did think Enter kind of jumped to conclusions though with his assumption that Messiah was evolving (how did he know it hadn't just put an error in his code and crashed his master?).

EDIT: THAT theme tune. Total earworm. It's been going around in my head constantly since I watched the episode and I've ended up playing it over and over for the last four hours. It helps that I like dance music, and I'm sure if you don't it's not a good theme, but it's grown on me amazingly quickly. Though they should have taken the robot voice saying "Busters ready go" from the full version and put it in the OP too!

Last edited:
Some kind of Beast mode
What a good episode, things are picking up again. Although it was kind of silly, this was a great way for the actors to show another side of them. The OP honestly kind of creeps me out, lol it's nowhere near as clean as the last one, everybody's high fiving and whatnot and the characters seem limited to one area. It just seems to obvious as to what they were trying to do. It's more funny than anything.

Red DS Ranger!
Yeah, this new retooling really seemed to improve this rather extremely dull show into something gr- *tv static*

Wait... what am saying? Go-Busters has always been this awesome. I really don't think this "sudden" shift is changing anything, it's just normal story progression. I don't think Kobayashi's going to be repeating Shinkenger with Messiah being Dokoku 2.0. I think this is all part of the plan and people are just overreacting because of watching Akibaranger. This show has been amazing since episode 1, and this episode continues that amazing trend.

This is the Sentai that's supposed to do something unique and unexpected, so let's not overreact when it does something unique and unexpected.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
This is the Sentai that's supposed to do something unique and unexpected, so let's not overreact when it does something unique and unexpected.

I think you're rather biased here by your love of the show. Go-Busters has been fun, but it's not as massively ground-breaking as you seem to think. Also, "unique" and "unexpected" =/= good

It's also too early to predict how the show will unfold over the next few weeks. Ratings should be higher because of the start of Wizard and most likely the Gavan episodes, but after that, we'll see how it works out

Last edited:
Lurker
I gave this show a watch. This is like, one of the only episodes I saw, the others were 9 and 10.

This show is now feeling like a Super Sentai show to me. You have the quirky villains, sidekicks, and heroes. Believe me when I say that it was unnerving to see the usual Super Sentai formula in my Kamen Rider. This with Kamen Rider Wizard seems to tell me that the tones are balanced now.