Ore, Sanjou!
Kamen Rider BLACK. I absolutely hate that suit design. it's so bland and ugly, and I used to think badly about all the showa suit designs, but BLACK's has never appealed to me, despite the others growing on me. that, coupled with my hype backlash for the series, is why I'm likely to never watch that show. heck, I think BLACK RX has a pretty darn cool suit, but BLACK's is just a no-go to me

I'm A Djinn
Ultraseven. Im sorry, it's the holes on his eyes (I know why theyre there but couldnt they at least retcon it by redesign?).

Even the Ultra-act has it. Eww.

And Riderman. Just the suit. I do love him and he is a badass. But the suit really doesnt work for me.

Unmolted Worms. They remind me of bad gyoza that grew limbs.

Last edited:
I think I'm the only one, if not one of the few people, that was won over by Decade's forms, even complete form. There's something about the pink (cough*magenta*cough) and silver that works for me. Even the cards on his chest won me over.

SLICE
Ultraseven. Im sorry, it's the holes on his eyes (I know why theyre there but couldnt they at least retcon it by redesign?).

Even the Ultra-act has it. Eww.

The odd thing is, the original UltraSeven suit really kinda downplayed the eyeholes. Infact you couldn't tell they were there part of the time.

After that though, they seemed to be exaggerated. I think it's just part of his character by this point, because he still had them in Seven X, despite getting an entire new design.

I've seen others with similar eyeholes lose them in other adaptations-such as in some manga and anime, Taroh will lose his eyeholes- but not Seven.

*Shrug*

As for me?

I love V3. I really, really do. His character is awesome, his show is awesome, everything is awesome.

He is the ugliest fucking Rider I have ever freaking seen though.

And I'm not a man who thinks that Riders look all that great in general.

Seriously, nothing about his costume works, except maybe his scarves but by that point you're just PRAYING for something.

The Next version didn't help it at all.

Altair
The original Kamen Rider 1 and 2 suits. I love the design, it's just the fact that in practice to suits never looked as streamlined or sturdy as they should.

Eye See You
Dynaman was the first to use spandex.

Still, it was six cloth-costumes versus 29 spandex costumes...it's not hard to figure out why the switch to rubber/leather/whatever might upset some purists. This isn't as small of a thing as Gekiranger not having belts.

I like that Go-busters is trying something different, I'm just not sure I'd want it to be the regular thing for Sentai.

From the promo alone the suits look so much sleeker than the spandex they've been using. I really think it's a nice change and something I'd like to see more than just once. Even if Toei switched back and forth from spandex to leather, that is cool. At this point at least they are trying new things.

I was quickly won over by Plat Form after Ryotaro picked up a broom and tried to fight the Bat Imajin with it.:laugh:

I remember coming off of Kabuto and how dramatic it was and then seeing that and I was like..... :sly:

Ultramen and Ultraseven are aliens... they need eyes.

Changeman. Nothing defined complete blandness like these suits.

Not a fan of sports bras?.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Kamen Rider Imperer: i just feel like he's sort of a back hand to all of the established design consistencies in ryuki and not in a good way. the fur, the weird brown chest plate it just doesn't do it for me.

Decade and Diend complete form: every reason has already been listed. and its sad cuz i LOVE diend.

Gingaman: I can't stand the helmets and the white and black in the middle breaks up everything. almost as badly as....

Changeman: because these have the same problem as Gingaman's but so much worse!

Maskman: The helmets are great but after my buddy mentioned that they look like leotards with sleeves i can't unsee it!

Gaoranger: the stripes, the stripes, oh dear god the stripes. i know they thought they were being clever with the whole gold stripe being divided into 1-5 pieces but it only looks good on red they all should have just had the 5 on all of them. and i can't quite put my finger on it but the helmets always bothered me too.

that being said, im ok with nearly everything else:castlerock:

And Riderman. Just the suit. I do love him and he is a badass. But the suit really doesnt work for me.

The main problem with the Riderman costume was that there was absolutely NOTHING on his back.
He reminded me of one of those half christmas trees, that are only supposed to be seen from one angle.
I can accept the fact that his design was supposed to be more flawed and "humanish", because he didn't get the same advanced cyborg treatment as the other Riders did.
But if you have suit with chest-armor, there HAS to be something on the back to support it.
The other armored Showa Riders at least had some lines on their backs that were supposed to resemble straps.

The main problem with the Riderman costume was that there was absolutely NOTHING on his back.
He reminded me of one of those half christmas trees, that are only supposed to be seen from one angle.
I can accept the fact that his design was supposed to be more flawed and "humanish", because he didn't get the same advanced cyborg treatment as the other Riders did.
But if you have suit with chest-armor, there HAS to be something on the back to support it.
The other armored Showa Riders at least had some lines on their backs that were supposed to resemble straps.

Now that you bring this up, Stronger's suit bothers me. While the design of the costume is actually good, my nitpick is on the chest armor. It's well defined on the front, but it's practically empty at the back ignoring the scarf. It seems out of proportion and it feels like you're just slapping on half the armor on the suit.