A bit of a self-advertisement here, but in the film world, if you don't advertise yourself, who's going to, right? This is a project I did in the courses Film I and II. Being a huuuuuge tokusatsu fan, I decided to make something dealing with that while also having some emotion behind it. This is the result! Enjoy!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJTCc6YkShM"]Diamond, Metal, & Bone: A Cyborg Tragedy[/ame]

Last edited:
I liked it! Pretty awesome. Love the silent film approach. :) And I love the scene at the beginning when Matthew's hand turns into the Cyborg hand against his will. Cool concept, great transitions for the transformations.

Camera-work was a little... er, dry I guess. Feel like there was more room for experimentation in that respect, especially since it is a Toku-inspired film. Still, I guess playing it by the books works out since it's a silent film.

Love the homemade Toku hero suit! Looked great! Also like the "monster". :p Punch could have been more convincing though.

Overall, pretty awesome! You said you made these for courses - How did you do?

Since we're both kind of advertising here, could you possibly check out my Toku-inspired film I made for art class? It's long, so I linked a trailer so you can get an idea without watching the whole thing. Thanks!! :buttrock:
PARAZECT: Forthcoming