Live to Win
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Changeman or Ohranger on this thread.

Yeah, Metalder's ending is sad too. Losing his human form after saving humanity. Not to mention this is after experiencing lot of sadness throughout the series

And there have been annoying fan shippers of him and that girl from the series (can't remember her name)

but he's a robot and what HUMAN woman would love something that can't feel emotions other than anger.

yeah i know he's an android but he leans more towards robotic like Janperson.

MagiFanboy
Personally, I didn't consider Jetman or Maskman to be especially dark as compared to other sentais that I've seen; yeah, there were dark moments, my favorite of which being whenever Ryu was struggling with his grief over Rie, but just as often there were light hearted silly moments, like the Ramen Cup monster, or the time Tube decided to switch people's faces to sow confusion among the surface humans.

Black Beet's demise in B-Fighter is sorta sad think of it.

-He lost the only person who gave a damn about his existence (Jera) (sorry had to edit a typo lol)
-His body was falling apart from the inside out
-He was told to KILL Takuya (His life-line)
-His powers kept short circuting on him as well

Personally, I didn't consider Jetman or Maskman to be especially dark as compared to other sentais that I've seen; yeah, there were dark moments, my favorite of which being whenever Ryu was struggling with his grief over Rie, but just as often there were light hearted silly moments, like the Ramen Cup monster, or the time Tube decided to switch people's faces to sow confusion among the surface humans.

Yeah, but most endings were either bleak or cliffhangers or breather episode-like endings.
And even dark sentais are allowed to have SOME fun at the least no matter how crazy the plot.

J

Juspion

Ohranger and Changeman wasn't that dark in my opinion too. With Changeman it's mostly because the villains is the one who was suffering because of Bazoo, I just don't feel much sympathy for Ahames or Booba. Ohranger, well never really get the "dark" feeling about it.

Yeah, while Jetman is one of the darker sentai seasons, it does have a pretty good handful of comedy eps. Dryer Jigen ep comes to mind. :laugh: For Timeranger, I don't think it had as many comedic eps as Jetman did. Trying to remember though. Only one that comes to mind is the soba ep with Domon. And even that wasn't meant to be all funny. :p

MagiFanboy
Yeah, while Jetman is one of the darker sentai seasons, it does have a pretty good handful of comedy eps. Dryer Jigen ep comes to mind. :laugh:

Dryer Jigen was one of, if not the best episodes of a sentai, ever. I could watch an entire series of Dryer Jigen's adventures, trying to live a hair-dryer monster's life in a world run by "the man", who just doesn't get him.

J

Juspion

It was very heartwarming to see Dryer Jigen sending the letter to the Jetman.