I'm kinda talking more about the seasons where a fan might tend to draw the line of how dark it gets and end up getting turned away. So I mean like, a bit more consistently depressing. Not occasionally depressing. And was kinda wondering if anyone tends to draw the line for such shows, and for what particular reasons.

there was JAKQ, and Dark Kabuto mentioned Kamen Rider Agito.

I cannot rewatch Yuka's first couple of episodes on 555 - the stuff with her family. It's so unrelentingly bleak that it's hard to sit through, even if it is unbelievably over the top. A lot of 555 is like that; it's one of the main reasons I really don't like the show that much.

Yeah, that's definitely understandable. Geez, poor Yuka. :(

I cannot rewatch Yuka's first couple of episodes on 555 - the stuff with her family. It's so unrelentingly bleak that it's hard to sit through, even if it is unbelievably over the top. A lot of 555 is like that; it's one of the main reasons I really don't like the show that much.

True and bringing up TimeRanger and Jetman, i find TimeRanger DARKER that Jetman. But that's me.

And in Bioman there were some dark and depressing moments, especially with all the blood.

True and bringing up TimeRanger and Jetman, i find TimeRanger DARKER that Jetman. But that's me.

And in Bioman there were some dark and depressing moments, especially with all the blood.

I've noticed that a lot of fans tend to either say Jetman is darker, or Timeranger is darker. Which I find interesting.

I wouldn't say the blood in Bioman is necessarily depressing, it's more just violence, hehehe. :laugh:

I've noticed that a lot of fans tend to either say Jetman is darker, or Timeranger is darker. Which I find interesting.

I wouldn't say the blood in Bioman is necessarily depressing, it's more just violence, hehehe. :laugh:

I thought i'd bring it up it doesn't make it depressing though it does add the darkness factor and violence and there was Mika's death.

and yes i see Timeranger darker that Jetman BY A COUNTRY MILE!

J

Juspion

Timeranger has a more fatalistic view and have a heavy theme about destiny which make it more darker than jetman for me

there also was the Shin Kamen Rider movie, which can be considered dark and some find it depressing.

Also, some consider a Large portion of Kamen Rider Kuuga dark. But not sure if it crossed lines that made fans stop watching it.

J

Juspion

I never stop watching a series just because it get depressing though, as long as it's entertaining, I'll watch it

Timeranger has a more fatalistic view and have a heavy theme about destiny which make it more darker than jetman for me

See someone agrees with me, plus Jetman had a bittersweet/happy ending (Whether Gai died or not and i don't see the manga sequel as canon)

Timeranger had a tearjerker ending.