Lurker
Most endings in Toku are usually ones that are very happy & joyful...but there are some series in Toku shows that aren't usually good news, to the point that it makes you tearful & makes you cry, especially if you happen to like the characters.

Spoilers, ahoy!

[HIDE]Flashman: Sure, the Flashman defeated Mess, but to learn that they can't even stay on their own home planet due to the Anti-Flash Phenomenon & that they all have to leave Earth (especially when Sara's family discovered that one of the Flashmen belongs to them & have just met & have just gotten to known Sara themselves), brought tears to my eyes.

Hopefully someone from the Flash Planets gives them a cure for the Anti-Flash Phenomenon to allow them to go back & stay on Earth once the series had ended during off-camera (it would definitely happen before Turboranger in it's "10th Anniversary episode")...

Jetman: When Gai gets stabbed by a unknown robber trying to help a poor lady & winds up dying on a bench. Just...*sobbing*

Timeranger: Time Blue, Time Green, Time Yellow, & Time Pink all went back to the present time to help Time Red when he was facing the foot soldiers, etc. all alone, & then winded up disappearing once they saved both the present & the future. Oh, & Time Fire's dead, leaving poor Tatsuya all alone as the lone Timeranger in the present.

Shinkenger: Even though nothing bad has happened, the way that they left one-by-one just felt sad all around, especially when each one of them was memorable. Genta, Mako, Chiaki, Kotoha, & Ryunosuke. And poor Takeru was all alone, recalling his memories & everything that him & his team had been through as Shinkengers.

They may be gone from each of their series, but at least the actors/actresses of those series are all still around in real life in Japan. :)[/HIDE]

What are some series that makes you teary-eyed, if any?

Last edited:
The new Tendou Souji
Jetman's ending more ticked me off than anything else; though, I do agree about Flashman.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Timeranger's will always hit me hard, cos it's my favourite ever toku series

My most recent ones would be:

[HIDE]OOO - what can I say, Ankh's character had really won me over. Just as sad as that was Eiji looking down and seeing everyone waiting to catch him and realising he's not on his own like he thought he'd be.

Goseiger - poor Nozomu :( and then a white feather landing at the end to show him the Goseigers are still with him.

Go-Busters - it's that shot of Beet Buster appearing to Kuroki one last time isn't it? also J keeping the Jenga block to remind him of Beet, and Enter's final "c'est la vie", like it's almost a relief to him to be destroyed

Kiva - Ostensibly not a sad ending, but notice how Wataru's future son says "I've missed you", and doesn't appear to recognize Taiga. Yeah, nothing good lies ahead for these characters.

Wizard's ending should be sad, but since Koyomi was treated more like a MacGuffin than a character and her and Haruto's relationship was horribly, creepily co-dependent, I couldn't care about either of them at the end of the show.[/HIDE]

there may be certain Sentai series that I don't like and though this has nothing to do with endings, whenever I wake up on a Sunday morning knowing the series had just ended in Japan, it makes me feel a little sad.

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
Go-Busters' ending in general just really, really got me. It's one of only a few things that ever actually did make me cry. ._.

I found and still find Blade's ending unbearably sad, though I do think it's one of the best endings I've seen to a Rider series.

Lurker
I was more of disappointed than sad at Jetman's ending. Of all things, he was killed by a simple human with a knife, and yet he survived about 50 fights in the whole series with a powerful alien group.

I think the ending which made me most sad was Ultraman Mebius, with that tearful departure from Earth and his friends of him, as if we would never see him again.

Timeranger
[HIDE]The goodbye scene between Tatsuya and Yuri is just perfect. They just burst into tears when they realized they wouldn't meet again.
Also, Gokaiger's episode 40,the scene when Domon sees the picture of his son is just perfect. I did cry a lot just thanks to those 2 seconds.[/HIDE]

Kamen RIder Blade.
[HIDE]
As mentionned above, best ending for a Tokusatsu show in my opinion. Maybe not the best series, but its ending actually makes sense, and brings you a lot of tear.[/HIDE]

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Blade's ending is sad because
of the depth of Kenzaki's delusion. Hajime simply wasn't worth that sacrifice, and should be dead. It's like if Faiz had ended with Takumi sacrificing himself to save Kusaka, but worse since Takumi was an asshole and Kenzaki was lovely ...