I suddenly feel old because my childhood is now 2 decades ago. The game still felt new to me whenever I play it. Until now I sing the song "Eyes on me" by Faye Wong at the Karaoke parties. That song is very timeless. I know the graphics of this game is now considered dated but I enjoyed this more than 13 and 15. I remember Famitsu declaring it at the greatest game of all time during 2006. It is my first final fantasy game and I remember the older school fans hating on this game while I was defending it on message boards. Now being 20 years old this game is now considered old school.

Administrator
Staff member
It still felt like yesterday for me. Wow imagine back in the days it's graphics is seen as groundbreaking and now people will see it as dated but for me the game is still great throughout the years.

How come we never have some sort of a special edition remaster of this game. I know a remake will be impossible but a remaster with voice acting will make this game replayable for a newer generation.

So this is the reason why they released the remaster! I hope this remaster will introduce this masterpiece to a new audience.

From what I see from the trailer, we are going to get some new cutscenes! The game will remain silent though. I hope there is a PC release so we can mod voice acting to this. The original FF7 have a voice acting mod.

The remaster is amazing because it managed to make a 20 year old game look new again.

This Final Fantasy 8 game follows a group of untidy student mercenaries with their efforts to save the world from a evil sorceress obsessed with time compression - a great game that is the second best selling game in the Final Fantasy franchise history.

This Final Fantasy 8 game follows a group of untidy student mercenaries with their efforts to save the world from a evil sorceress obsessed with time compression - a great game that is the second best selling game in the Final Fantasy franchise history.
Yeah I never seen a cast as dynamic as this game. The timing of the remaster is really timely.

I was not yet born when this game is released but it is one of my most favorite games in the series.