TMNT: The Last Ronin Concludes This April

Staff member
In 1987, just as the Ninja Turtles were on the verge of breaking through to the mainstream, Eastman and Laird were cooking up their most epic comic book storyline ever, The Last Ronin. For some reason, though, the script was abandoned and never turned into a book. Decades later, the idea was picked back up and dusted off by IDW, who has been releasing The Last Ronin in trade format since October of 2020. Four volumes have been released, and with this upcoming fifth, the narrative comes to a close.
“Thirty-five years in the making, The Last Ronin is everything I dreamed it could be and more,” says Eastman. “For the creative team, I feel the epic task of bringing this story to life has truly been our Mount Everest, and with the summit in sight, we sincerely wish to thank all the friends and fans who brought the love and support needed so we could bring this adventure all the way home. From my original partner on this journey, the brilliant Peter Laird, to the unparalleled...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
So this is based from the Violent Ninja Turtles comics? IDW really loves reviving franchises, I just hope their visions will be animated someday because they are better than some other showrunners.

After so Many delays, I am glad this series finally ends. I hope they eventually release a compilation graphic novel. Karai is my favorite character on this series.