Lurker
No matter how much you hate a character, do not go start bashing him/her, it just comes off as immature. This is just a general advice.

One pertaining to your fics: I would suggest to switch to paragraph format instead of using scripts.

Always use proper grammar. Don't do anything like this:

"he was suddenly overtaken by fear"

Instead, use capital letters and actual punctuation. I also agree with Galaxian to abandon the script format, it's messy and unnecessary unless you're actually writing a script.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Big problems I see with both of them is that you aren't using proper format- you have the spacing down, but you're supposed to have names in all caps, post headings for each scene in all caps that denote where & when it's taking place & whether it's inside or outside & use an act system that helps plan for commercial breaks, but, as this is unoffical, that isn't all too important. I would still, at least, use the sene headings though.

The other problem is lack of detail. You don't explain anything or try to make it sound exciting, you just post very simplistic points. Details & description are your friend, especially if you're going to stick with the script format & not actually try to film it. Honestly, writing in novel format might be harder from that perspective because you also have to have decent pacing for others to find it interesting, as well as go into as much detail as you can think of on the setting, the characters, the action & personal thoughts. In script format, all you have to worry about is setting & action & the dialog & character responses denote personality in characters.

Oh, and, I didn't read far enough to know if this was a problem, but never write a scene that has no reason to be there. Any scene/ dialog in any written work has to benefit the plot, characters, universe, or moral of the story you're trying to tell. Ok, I'm done.

Last edited:
When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
I live under the belief that anyone can become a half decent writer if they truely set their mind to it

I started litterally from the ground up and I've come quite a long way since

Spellchecking is, of course, an obvious must

Another is actually writing your story like a story, not a script

I can't tell you how many people I've seen do this

I'm not saying it's wrong (I did it myself in the beginning), but a lot of the tension and feeling that you are trying to get across is lost

変わって欲しくないよ。
If it's possible at all, you should consider having a friend look over your story and go over any and all errors you've made so you can fix them! Other people are more likely to catch things that the author may let slip through the cracks, so getting someone to do that will help you refine your story a bit more.

Welcome
I'm a crappy writer, but you shouldn't make a story too serious.Humor is a nice break from the other serious fanfictions.

Lurker
Read some badfics and see what you can do to separate yourself from those fanfics.

Altair
Write without using someone else's characters or setting. It makes you a stronger writer.

treat your fanfic like a real TV show, don't just write fight scenes from start to finish. let your characters have a few dramatic moments where they learn more about each other, which in short means character development. I usually borrow elements from both Toku and J-dramas for my fanfics.