Write your fanfic as if you're writing a episode to your favorite tv show. Come up with your own idea. Have fun with it, involve character development and interesting characters. Make it moody depending on what you like in tokusatsu. Proper Grammar and Spell Check also! People will bash you for mistakes but you'll learn from them eventually. It takes practice.

As you can see I have a fanfic on here that I'm proud of and not alot of other people are because of the script style but I'm satisfied with my work.

(っ・ω・)っ
Planning. So many fics aren't even a story but rather a jumble of words or just go on forever without even progressing with the actual plot. So sit down, plan what will happen in each chapter, and how the characters predominantly feel in each chapter. Remember that chapters in of itself are like paragraphs; they are there to form a large, yet single, point.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
Actually, if you want to do it in that manner, here's two setups for planning a story:

A) Follow this setup to plan out the general outline after brainstorming. This one definately works for script style, but will also fit with anything else.
1) Write your intro to the story & how your cast will be introduced.
2) Your inciting incident that will get your characters involved in the plot.
3) At least three main points of rising action, tension & suspense.
4) The climax of your story.
5) The resolution to your story.

B) If you are going for a TV script style, do the first one, then transfer it onto the act structure for one. TV shows plan stories out like this before writing to take full advantage of commercial breaks in order to keep people invested.
1) Teaser- Introduces the main story/ mystery of the show in 1-5 minutes.
2) Act I- Introduces your characters & all plotlines of the episode, plus leads your cast into getting involved with the main plot.
3) Act II- Following your plotlines through, aka rising action
4) Act III- revealing the mystery & lead in to the climax
5) Act IV- The climax
6) Tag- The resolution to your story.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Write without using someone else's characters or setting. It makes you a stronger writer.

Ignore people who tell you that fanfic writing is lazy, uncreative, weak or not "real" writing. If it's fun for you, that's the most important thing.

Author's notes: keep them brief, and keep them to the beginning or end of the chapter - not in brackets in the middle of the text. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

Bad Fanfic Writer said:
"I want to be everybody's friend everywhere!" said Gentaro. (A/N: LOL isn't he funny!)

Yeah. Don't do that. Also, do not have conversations with "muses" in the author's notes.

Spell check and make sure to get the names of canon characters, mecha, attacks, etc. correct. Be careful of mixing up names that are similar to characters from another series - like calling BoukenYellow Natsumi or MagiGreen Mikoto. It gets confusing for everyone.

Avoid what's known as "fanboy" or "fangirl" Japanese: random Japanese words dropped into the text. It's OK to use words like henshin or -san or -chan that we wouldn't generally translate, but don't do this:

Bad Fanfic Writer said:
"Ne, Hiromu. A Megazord has just arrived. Kowai ne!" said Yoko.

"Daijoubu. We will defeat it with our badassery," said Hiromu.

"Demo, we haven't taken down the Metaroid yet. Hayaku! We have to finish this!" said Ryuji.

I see this in a lot of tokusatsu fanfics. It just looks bad.

When writing dialogue, think about whether you can actually imagine the character saying it. If not, try to rephrase it. Also try to make the character sound like a normal person and not like they're reading lines from a script (unless it is appropriate to that character, e.g. GoseiKnight)

Super Sentai fan
I want an honest opinion: which is preferred, script format or paragraph format?

S

scikaiju

I guess that depends on the person writing. Personally I prefer the paragraph format myself. But other are more comfortable with script.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I think most people prefer to read paragraph form. Most people here write in script form because most of them are making fanfics of movies/ television shows, so it seems more natural to do it in that state.

Super Sentai fan
OK thanks for the input, I think I will go with paragraph script if I can.