Just finished the remaster and I realized one thing. Tidus is so irritating. He have an annoying voice and he is so whiny. Seriously I am happy with the ending he died because he is only a dream. People are hating on Lightning and Squall for being rude but at least their cool. I know they wanted Tidus to be this underdog who overcame the odds but I can't help to like him. He is also so full of himself because he is good at blitzball.Also his clothes, What the H.E double hockey sticks is he wearing? I know dorky characters are supposed to be relatable but I can't help to hate him.

I wish we have a dislike button. Tidus is a nice guy to his team mates over Squall or Lightning. You may find him annoying but at least he is actually a kind person and doesn't need to act mean to look cool.

The time travelling empress
I actually like his personality because he is able to show emotions. Compare that to Squall, Cloud and Lightning who is either blunt or angry. I get to see Tidus cry and smile. He might be whiny to you but he is more human to me.

I don't think so, He is one of my favorite characters in the franchise. I will choose him over the boring cast of Final Fantasy 12.

I find him more tolerable than Vaan and Lightning. Tidus still have some likable qualities with him.

If Tidus is annoying then Why Final Fantasy X is one of the most popular in the series?

Mai

I will rather see this "whiny" protagonist over someone like Vaan who doesn't have personality.

I like him because he is a flawed character but not in an a-hole way like Lightning and Squall.