AKA XeroTheHero
I searched and didn't see any sort of official thread or anything started, so if there's already one going, feel free to merge this one.

With the new series underway (which I think is great so far), there comes a whole new batch of Thundercats toys! So far we've seen 4 inch figures, 6 inch figures, and even some 8 inch classic figures. Add to that a vehicle and some role play toys, and you've got yourself a fresh toy line!

That being said, what have you bought or plan to buy? Today I picked up the classic versions of Lion-O and Tygra, as well as the new version of Lion-O. I've only had time to crack open the classic Lion-O but I have to say I'm definitely impressed so far. Looks great, comes with accessories, and has decent articulation.

If ya got 'em, show 'em! Or at least talk about them!

6064321166_6ec198b1c3_z.jpg

(Note this picture is the same I posted in the hauls thread. No out of package shots of them yet. Excuse the non-Cats toys :p)

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
I bought the Deluxe 4" Mumm-Ra & think he's pretty good but with a few small flaws. I almost bought the 6" Panthro at TRU tonight, but the paint apps on his face were a little too sloppy. And of course, I'll be picking up the LIZARD CANNON WITH LIZARDTM once I find one.

AKA XeroTheHero
I bought the Deluxe 4" Mumm-Ra & think he's pretty good but with a few small flaws. I almost bought the 6" Panthro at TRU tonight, but the paint apps on his face were a little too sloppy. And of course, I'll be picking up the LIZARD CANNON WITH LIZARDTM once I find one.

I honestly had a hard time deciding which figure(s) to get. I started out at Toys R Us and got excited seeing the classic Lion-O and decided to get that. I got a couple other things so I figured I'd wait on getting others. Then I end up going to K-Mart and they have the new Cats stuff and I end up grabbing the new version of Lion-O after having a debate with myself on whether I should get Lion-O or the new Mumm-Ra. So after that, I end up at a Walmart and once again argue with myself before finally deciding on classic Tygra.

I honestly had no intentions on getting all of those today, but when they release toys from a cartoon that I loved as a kid, it's hard to pass them up. The classics Lion-O is a great throwback to the days of being a kid, and the new figure looks really cool. I'm excited we're getting a remake that's actually decent and I hope the toys do well too.

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
I wasn't really a fan of the show back then, but I did like the character designs a lot & they were part of a kind of "Golden Age" of cartoon/comic/toy properties for me when Filmation was still a major player. I was actually looking forward more to those "staction figures" that were supposed to be available by now (unless they came out & I just never came across them,) but these figures reached my area first & here we are.

As for availability, I've seen Kmart stocking only the 4" basics, TRU carrying most everything, and absolutely nothing at any Walmart or Target. So, TRU's been the only place for the 6" & 8" figures, and I'd really rather not pay their prices when I'm sure they'll be less elsewhere soon. I'll most likely only be getting the Classics Lion-O anyway, since he just looks more heroic to me, despite the leotard, haha.

AKA XeroTheHero
I wasn't really a fan of the show back then, but I did like the character designs a lot & they were part of a kind of "Golden Age" of cartoon/comic/toy properties for me when Filmation was still a major player. I was actually looking forward more to those "staction figures" that were supposed to be available by now (unless they came out & I just never came across them,) but these figures reached my area first & here we are.

As for availability, I've seen Kmart stocking only the 4" basics, TRU carrying most everything, and absolutely nothing at any Walmart or Target. So, TRU's been the only place for the 6" & 8" figures, and I'd really rather not pay their prices when I'm sure they'll be less elsewhere soon. I'll most likely only be getting the Classics Lion-O anyway, since he just looks more heroic to me, despite the leotard, haha.

Stocks actually seem to be pretty decent at the stores I went to. In my city we only have Walmart and their toy selection is pretty crappy so I usually have to resort to stores out of town. Most of the stores I went to yesterday had a fairly decent selection, with K-Mart being the only one I didn't see the 8 inch classics. All the rest had the 6 inch and 4 inch line as well as the sword and tank.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
Nice! I haven't seen any of the ThunderCats toys yet, but then again I haven't been to TRU or Wal-Mart in a while. I definitely plan on picking some up though! They look fairly detailed and awesome from the pics I've seen.

AKA XeroTheHero
I finally got around to cracking up the new version of Lion-O last night, and I was really impressed!

The figure looks fairly nice overall, but I was surprised at some of the articulation. The ankle joint reminds of the SHF Kabuto style which makes for some nice poses. Finally, they're doing it right!

仮面ライダーディックヘッド
Gotta say, I do love the TRU nearest me. Well, as much as you CAN love a store/chain that routinely overcharges & raises prices as items become popular. But, boy does this store love to look stuff up for me & bring it to me once they find it!

lionankh.jpg

I'd been looking for a Classic Lion-O all week at every TRU, Walmart & Kmart that I came across, and only saw Tygra at about half of them. For whatever reason, I never thought to go to the one that's about 5 miles south of my home. So, tonight after work, I decided to give it a shot & found... Tygra. Motherfucking TYGRA and his magic dildo weapon.

Then I remembered that I was in the same store that brought up the DCUC case for me last year so I could complete my Kilowog figure (needed all but Cyborg Superman at the time) and also brought up a case of Marvel Universe when I needed Thanos. So I took Tygra to the front, they scanned the UPC, and 10 minutes later they brought up a case. In case anyone's interested, the 8" figures come 4 per case, 2 each of both characters.

Moral of the story: Don't be afraid to ASK. They absolutely CAN look it up for you.