I've finished all of the DLC and the main game, collected all of the files, and am now going through every dossier, files and bestiary record. I really like how everything fits together and is developed, but it's a bummer that most of it isn't in the game. Currently, the game is uncompleted. Even the reasons why so many messengers have perished are given. Forgive me, but that's an excessive amount of consideration. The story succeeds admirably in its goal, which is to tell a lovely tale of brotherhood and the maturation of a prince, but the overall presentation is flawed, and many plot points aren't explored to their full potential. The plot is fine, but the protagonist and antagonist steal the show.

As far as ratings go, I'd give it a perfect 10. It's not a flawless story per se, but I was engaged throughout and never lost or confused.

The protagonists are integral to the plot and serve as the story's narrators, so I don't see why the two should be treated separately. The game didn't challenge my thinking or provide any major revelations, but it did hold my attention like no other.

My girlfriend sat through the entire game and said that she enjoyed it. That, to me, says a lot about the quality of the game.

Lots of nuanced aspects of the characters' personalities are explored as well, such as Prompto's struggle with food and his preference for soup as a meal. He went from being overweight to being slim. This demonstrates that males, too, struggle with body image issues.

I call it average compare to masterpieces like Final Fantasy VI and VII.

Having a better understanding of Ardyn's history has contributed to my enjoyment of this game. He is a bad guy, but he is also a helpless victim of his situation. In another narrative, he would have taken on the role of a heroic figure.

I'm sorry to be the one to break the bad news to you. I'm not quite as interested in the lore as you are. The storytelling suffers from a serious flaw. It is not among the more noteworthy installments in the series in terms of the game's narrative. The four main characters are nicely developed, and I enjoy playing the antagonist. However, the way the narrative is told may occasionally be annoying, and a few of the supporting characters are just dropped in the middle of the action. Additionally, as the primary game purposefully omits some details, you will need to play the downloadable material (DLC) to get the full story.

It's not very good. Not the plot, but the game's main characters and dungeons are Final Fantasy XV's highlights.

The story focuses in the concept of brotherhood.I hate how misandry and feminism hated on this game for not having playable female characters.

Ah, the classic 'my girlfriend enjoyed it' seal of approval. Can't argue with that! But seriously, it's great when a story can appeal to a wide audience and keep them entertained. And if you're still invested even after finishing everything,well that's just proof of the game's awesomeness.

Scribe
I know what you mean about the plot being fine, but the protagonist and antagonist stealing the show. Noctis and Ardyn are two of my favorite characters in the Final Fantasy series, and their dynamic is so well-done. It's hard not to get invested in their journey.It's amazing how a good story can keep us hooked even without major revelations or mind-bending twists. Final Fantasy XV is a great example of that - the focus on character development and relationships is what makes it so awesome.