Lurker
You are WRONG, sir!

You LOSE, sir!

GOOD DAY, sir!

*Slams the door*

In all seriousness, if you like him, that's cool, but I find F-91 to be gob stopping terrible. Mostly because it REALLY suffers from originally being planned as a TV series and then having to be compressed into a single movie.

Kincaido Nau would beg to differ. (Seabook cosplayed as Captain Harlock)

So yeah, I can remember I used to finding Gundam very boring. Maybe I just found the story very complicated, I though it was gonna be similar to Super Sentai with its mecha battles, but for some strange reason I found it very boring because of it's complicated story and me not know what the bloody hells going on in this series..

..but I'm thinking about giving it another go.

So, would anybody like to give me some advice for getting into Gundam (apart from remember it's not Power Rangers).

Also would someone like to reccomend me a series? I've got vollume 1 of Gundam Wing on DVD but maybe someone might reccomend a series that's better than Gundam Wing..

Really digging the theme tune of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkzsxymAbs

..but then again, that's just the theme tune.

LOL!! Korean Op
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y702N8KqS68

First of all, where did you get the idea that Gundam was going to be anything like Super Sentai or Power Rangers? What's wrong with the fantasy war genre? :eyebrow:

Still, if that's what you want, I would suggest G Gundam. I personally thought it was one of the worse Gundam series made because the plot is full of holes and it's essentially DBZ with gundam mechas. However, if you want something with the same level of campyness as Super Sentai, then G Gundam is your best shot.

Gundam 0083 is a really good choice. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Universal Century story lines. The original Gundam anime was a bit on the confusing side for me, but I'd still recommend it any day. Gotta give props to the one that started it all.

Gundam Wing has way to much talking, it has its moments, but it's more political than Gundams

I'm probably one of the few that actually liked Gundam Wing. The confusing politics and everything is probably what discourages a lot of people, but I don't think it detracts from the action, nor does the anime have as much talking or filler as, say, DBZ had back in the day. If anything, the complex political languages they were using made me want to understand it. It challenged me, and I could understand what was essentially going on at the time, though I was smarter than most of my peers. I guess you have to be in a frame-of-mind like that to fully enjoy Gundam Wing. I'd like to think that, if you've been following along through the whole thing, it begins to make a lot more sense by the time you see the movie Endless Waltz.

Mad Skillz
If you want more straight up action shows with a bit of depth, G-Gundam and Gundam X are your best bets. Neither are really all that bad and I always had fun watching them since they are a bit different compared to your typical Gundam series.

Tyrannosaurus!
You are WRONG, sir!

You LOSE, sir!

GOOD DAY, sir!

*Slams the door*

In all seriousness, if you like him, that's cool, but I find F-91 to be gob stopping terrible. Mostly because it REALLY suffers from originally being planned as a TV series and then having to be compressed into a single movie.

Trust me It's still way better than Seed Destiny* I originally liked this series because of Shinn but it really falls apart at the halfway point aka the time Kira steals the spotlight* Personally I believe no Gundam series can be worse than Seed Destiny except for maybe 0083 :redface2: But despite my misgivings about the series ShInn remains my fave Gundam hero along with Seabook(F91) and Char(Zeta):sweat:

Senshi no Hikari
G Gundam ,seed ,wing and destiny all suck bad in large amounts G is a joke wing i just hate every thing about it and Seed and Seed Destiny the mecha are nice but i dislike every thing else

Read my smart post
I'm probably one of the few that actually liked Gundam Wing. The confusing politics and everything is probably what discourages a lot of people, but I don't think it detracts from the action, nor does the anime have as much talking or filler as, say, DBZ had back in the day. If anything, the complex political languages they were using made me want to understand it. It challenged me, and I could understand what was essentially going on at the time, though I was smarter than most of my peers. I guess you have to be in a frame-of-mind like that to fully enjoy Gundam Wing. I'd like to think that, if you've been following along through the whole thing, it begins to make a lot more sense by the time you see the movie Endless Waltz.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed Gundam Wing, I re-watched it in the summer and it was a very fulfilling series. You have to watch every episode and listen to understand, but it's not impossible.

It still had some negatives like way to much talking and over emotional characters. I wouldn't tell people not to watch it, but I would say don't start with Gundam Wing because it doesn't give you a good idea of what the franchise is like

Go with Gundam 00. It's recent, easier to find, and it stands in the middle of the flash of some of the newer Gundams, and the substance of the older ones.