I don't have low self esteem.
So yeah, I can remember I used to finding Gundam very boring. Maybe I just found the story very complicated, I though it was gonna be similar to Super Sentai with its mecha battles, but for some strange reason I found it very boring because of it's complicated story and me not know what the bloody hells going on in this series..

..but I'm thinking about giving it another go.

So, would anybody like to give me some advice for getting into Gundam (apart from remember it's not Power Rangers).

Also would someone like to reccomend me a series? I've got vollume 1 of Gundam Wing on DVD but maybe someone might reccomend a series that's better than Gundam Wing..

Really digging the theme tune of this..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkzsxymAbs"]YouTube - Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory 1st Opening[/ame]

..but then again, that's just the theme tune.

LOL!! Korean Op
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y702N8KqS68"]YouTube - Korean Condom Song (English subs)[/ame]

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
So yeah, I can remember I used to finding Gundam very boring. Maybe I just found the story very complicated, I though it was gonna be similar to Super Sentai with its mecha battles, but for some strange reason I found it very boring because of it's complicated story and me not know what the bloody hells going on in this series..

..but I'm thinking about giving it another go.

So, would anybody like to give me some advice for getting into Gundam (apart from remember it's not Power Rangers).

Also would someone like to reccomend me a series? I've got vollume 1 of Gundam Wing on DVD but maybe someone might reccomend a series that's better than Gundam Wing..

Really digging the theme tune of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKkzsxymAbs

..but then again, that's just the theme tune.

LOL!! Korean Op
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y702N8KqS68

Check Gundam 00.... There's also a movie thread -

http://forums.henshinjustice.net/showthread.php?t=43782

Tyrannosaurus!
Personally I believe you shouldn't bother if you found it boring the first time around chances are you still will as most all Gundam series are heavily plot-driven also I find the mecha battles in PR boring due to how clunky it is just my opinion Still I could recommend G Gundam and Gundam F91 as the first is pretty much a super robot show and the second is a film so it should be pretty easy to follow.I'd also recommend staying away from Zeta and especially Turn A as both are heavily plot driven.

I though it was gonna be similar to Super Sentai with its mecha battles

... What? How--

Ah. Now it makes sense. Yeah, the way Wing is marketed compared to the actual show is somewhat deceptive.

And if you felt confused, it's not because Wing was complicated... it was just kinda crap.

I would recommend the three Universal Century OVAs (0080, 0083, 08th MS Team) as a good starting point. They're all relatively short compared to the various TV series, and while they all reference the original Gundam to a degree (and Zeta Gundam in 0083) not instantly recognizing those references won't take you out of the story.

They also showcase the main kinds of stories Gundam likes to tell:

0080 is a personal tragedy story.

08th MS is about star-crossed lovers caught up in a war and the most awesome main character in Gundam of all time.

0083 is about incredibly flashy action with a narrative that completely falls apart in the third act. :p

They also should be the easiest to find, as Bandai occasionally re-releases all of them in Complete Collections.

heterosexual bear wrestler
^what he said...0080 is my first gundam series and thanks to it, I've been stuck with gundam for five years :sweat:

In Justice, We Trust!
I really liked Gundam X, so I'm gonna go ahead and suggest that. G-gundam is good too, if you can get over the silliness

Tyrannosaurus!
To be perfectly honest I found Wing boring myself about the only things I liked about Wing where some of the mecha*Deathscythe,Epyon,Taurus and Tallgeese* and the Gundam fights.Then again considering Seed was my starting point I don't think I have room to talk*alot of people hate it*

PS: Seabook Arno is WAY cooler than Shiro Amada:loltongue:

Last edited:
PS: Seabook Arno is WAY cooler than Shiro Amada:loltongue:

You are WRONG, sir!

You LOSE, sir!

GOOD DAY, sir!

*Slams the door*

In all seriousness, if you like him, that's cool, but I find F-91 to be gob stopping terrible. Mostly because it REALLY suffers from originally being planned as a TV series and then having to be compressed into a single movie.

Read my smart post
00 is what I recommend

HD, excellent story, badass characters, deaths, and characters getting their arms blown off XD

Gundam Wing has way to much talking, it has its moments, but it's more political than Gundams

The Universal Century is something you need to watch after you get a taste of Gundam, if you jump right in you might find it boring