Pony, please.
And it ain't the girls that boost the "anime cheese" factor. -_-

I don't agree with this; the only exception is Go-Onger, I think. But that show was littered with anime-like influences.

Otherwise you get the "cute girl" pair that is appealing in anime in Sentai, and that's where the anime-isms come in. I know Black Fang has mentioned this millions of times, too.

You can't tell me that the cheerleading in Magi or "Girls in Trouble" from Deka aren't directly pulled from an anime-esque viewpoint. I mean, yeah, I like teams with two girls as much as the next guy, but you don't need singing and dancing to show them off. I think Boukenger and Shinkenger did the two-girl thing well without it.

Of course, then you have the issue of Tsundere, which was popularized by anime/video games, but that's a whole other issue altogether.

I also think we need another -man Sentai. Not that it would boost quality or anything, but it rolls off the tongue better imo.

^ Or another JAKQ-Goggle V-GoGoV style name. How about a Sentai that doesn't have "Sentai" in its title like Bioman and Flashman? Or bring back the other naming styles of team members. 14 years of the same thing now: "name of the show-insert color". MegaRed, GingaRed, GoRed, TimeRed, etc.

They're stereotypically "feminine" characteristics because women are generally expected to be the emotional ones.

That doesn't mean men who show those aspects are somehow women with the wrong anatomy. For someone so adamant against sterotypes, you sure like to use them a lot for your own ends.

I think Timeranger had a bit of a role reversal too: TimePink was like a typical Red in some ways (the strong and silent leader type - obviously this was before we started getting more MegaRed-esque Reds) and TimeRed was sometimes more like a Pink (team mother, supportive of the leader and also the love interest.) So I don't think a male Pink in a future series would be a dead loss.

I really don't see how that's a role reversal. Those characteristics have been seen in all the colors at one point or another. By this logic Haruhiko and Yuuta in Gingaman were "girly" too because they shelter the team, or GoGoV's Mondo is girly because he has a ponytail.

Last edited:
Eye See You
Wow. Intolerant much? So what you are saying is as long as gays don't do, say, or touch anything you are fine with them? Who cares of a character is gay and flaunts it. As long as that character is cool in the show what does it matter.

I'm saying I don't need my Sentai Heroes acting more gay than they already do.

I'm saying I don't need my Sentai Heroes acting more gay than they already do.

Would you like to name a Sentai character who has been, in your words, "kissing [members of the same sex] and flaunting that they are gay"? :)

I never said they acted Gay in a sexual sense.

How do you mean it then? I suspect you're mistakenly using the word "gay" to mean "camp" or "effeminate", qualities that are not inherent or even limited to gay men, but maybe I'm wrong.

Pony, please.
^ Or another JAKQ-Goggle V-GoGoV style name. How about a Sentai that doesn't have "Sentai" in its title like Bioman and Flashman? Or bring back the other naming styles of team members. 14 years of the same thing now: "name of the show-insert color". MegaRed, GingaRed, GoRed, TimeRed, etc.

These too. I like newer Rider because it has a lot more creativity when it comes to naming, and there's nothing saying that Sentai can't do the same.
Let's face it: "Red Falcon" sounds a heck of a lot cooler than "LiveRed". Not to knock Fiveman. :p

I don't agree with this; the only exception is Go-Onger, I think. But that show was littered with anime-like influences.

Otherwise you get the "cute girl" pair that is appealing in anime in Sentai, and that's where the anime-isms come in. I know Black Fang has mentioned this millions of times, too.

You can't tell me that the cheerleading in Magi or "Girls in Trouble" from Deka aren't directly pulled from an anime-esque viewpoint. I mean, yeah, I like teams with two girls as much as the next guy, but you don't need singing and dancing to show them off. I think Boukenger and Shinkenger did the two-girl thing well without it.

Of course, then you have the issue of Tsundere, which was popularized by anime/video games, but that's a whole other issue altogether.

Yeah, its the girls' problem. They rarely ever get ANY kind of focus, but they're the ones driving the anime factor up. Not the males with ridiculous, overblown personalities. Gaoranger started the trend of being more anime-ish, and it did just fine with just one girl. The series have only grown more anime-ish (for those not paying attention to old Sentai and old anime, that is) as the seasons have gone along, much like other trends progress from year to year in SS. The two girls thing was likely pressuring from Disney. Unrelated.

No! Alata is a cute little BOY :O_O:

Gah! When is GoseiRed going to get some respect? So far he's the only useful male in Goseiger.

Would you like to name a Sentai character who has been, in your words, "kissing [members of the same sex] and flaunting that they are gay"? :)

Dillan and Ziggy.

wait we're talking Sentai right? :disappoin

* More out of costume fights
* More fights with mooks
* More character development so we have less stereotype characters (hard to do in a show focused on fighting, but a man can dream).
* Less CGI. Toei doesn't have the budget to make their CGI look realistic so the results just look ugly and obvious. I enjoy watching Toku for the amazing effects, the CGI is anything but.