I liked him when he wasn't a god
What exactly made them girly?

MagiGreen looked like a girl and was "substitute parent" along with Blue, he did kitchen/housework stuff and even grew his own vegetables. And he had the "look how COMPASSIONATE and UNDERSTANDING he is!" line going much like ShinkenPink. GaoBlack tended to do the thing where he'd cry or get scared and have Blue tell him to man up, which would usually be a role given to the Pink or lone girl.

Back on topic I would like to see another series ending like Dairanger. With most series you can guess that the team will probably go back to their old jobs or maybe go travelling or something once the bad guys are defeated, but it was fun to see what everyone was doing fifty years down the line.

Would like to change his avatar
I never thought of Gao Black as being "girly," it was just supposed to be funny that the much-older Black needed the kid of the team to support him -- the guy who should be the sempai is really the kouhai.

Last edited:
MagiGreen looked like a girl

Now you're really grasping at straws here. I'm not crazy about long hair for guys myself, but come on...

and was "substitute parent" along with Blue, he did kitchen/housework stuff and even grew his own vegetables.

And he had the "look how COMPASSIONATE and UNDERSTANDING he is!"

Ok....... and how does that make them girly again?

GaoBlack tended to do the thing where he'd cry or get scared and have Blue tell him to man up, which would usually be a role given to the Pink or lone girl.

I have hardly ever seen a scene where the girl was in the position you just described.

Kuuguitar
Personally I think Makito fits the mold of Team Dad more than Team Mom, actually.

Ok....... and how does that make them girly again?

They're stereotypically "feminine" characteristics because women are generally expected to be the emotional ones. I think Timeranger had a bit of a role reversal too: TimePink was like a typical Red in some ways (the strong and silent leader type - obviously this was before we started getting more MegaRed-esque Reds) and TimeRed was sometimes more like a Pink (team mother, supportive of the leader and also the love interest.) So I don't think a male Pink in a future series would be a dead loss.

Of course there is the other route of having a totally badass male Pink who gets the short straw when picking team colours and spends the whole series fuming that he got landed with Pink :laugh:

Last edited:
- Invert the male: female ratio. 2 guys, 3 girls. :laugh: Let the girls be Red, and also Yellow, and Pink as per usual, and let the guys be Blue and Black.

I was thinking of this... and hey didn't Goseiger do that? I mean Alata is technically a girl... :laugh:

And gay sentai imo would be entertaining cos you don't see that very often and it would be nice if he was all cool and fun... it's just a little character trait, which was why I suggested it.

I was thinking of this... and hey didn't Goseiger do that? I mean Alata is technically a girl... :laugh:

No! Alata is a cute little BOY :O_O:

Shinkenger had three girls and two boys on the team during episodes 45-47, while Takeru and Genta could not be there. They even changed the credits to reflect it

No! Alata is a cute little BOY :O_O:

Shinkenger had three girls and two boys on the team during episodes 45-47, while Takeru and Genta could not be there. They even changed the credits to reflect it

Boy??? Ah yes... boy who flirts with Aguri on set, and with Hyde off-set. :O_O: