The Next Generation
I already did a kamen rider one,now it's time for SUPER SENTAI! LET'S GO!

I personally think gokaiger would have been better if the ranger keys were copies of each team's powers and not their lost powers. And upon Akidos gill's the teams would recieve their powers back.

Now,as the title says say what you think would make each sentai series better.

I would prefer if they don't make it a must to introduce 6th members all the time, because that's mainly why most series suffered the "mid-series syndrome" as I call it, particularly any post-Boukenger series with a 6th member. instead they could introduce a new mecha that would serve as a 6th member or some sort, just like Max Liner/Liner Boy in GoGoFive. at least Toei and Bandai don't have to worry about "not having enough toys to promote and sell" that way.

For Gokaiger: A more even ratio of sea lions to humans.

For Go-Busters: No humans. All sea lions.

Irregular Hunter
Stop using robots that look like Optomus Prime after Combining with the other auto bots.

The older ones looked a little different, but once the 90's came, they started looking like Transformers robots.

Also, the aditional member they always get later on, it has become as exspected as it is for the monster to get big and they call there robots.

Lurker
I would prefer if they don't make it a must to introduce 6th members all the time, because that's mainly why most series suffered the "mid-series syndrome" as I call it, particularly any post-Boukenger series with a 6th member. Instead they could introduce a new mecha that would serve as a 6th member or some sort, just like Max Liner/Liner Boy in GoGoFive. At least Toei and Bandai don't have to worry about "not having enough toys to promote and sell" that way.

I agree. Or if they must have a 6th member, have them go back to the style of Zyuranger, Dairanger, Ohranger, Megaranger, Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricaneger, & Shinkenger in which they mostly only show up to help out the core 3/core 5 members whenever they're in danger, instead of having them being standard.

Last edited:
Go-Busters needed a re-think on the toyline. It's disconnected and lacks anything to tie it together, plus it needed a collectable. Wether we like it or not the toys are the foundation each Sentai is based on and Go-Busters would've been very different if they'd had better foundations to build on.

For me, Megaranger went a little overboard with their [HIDE]"populace turns on the rangers" plot in the last few episode. I ended up questioning why they were bothering to save them at all.[/HIDE]

Kibaranger. My God. Kibaranger. That kid needs a punch in the face re-writing.

Zyu could've done with some kind of opening arc to hook you in, rather than spend the first half doing random "kid of the week needs saving" plots that make it a bit of a chore.
For Go-Busters: No humans. All sea lions.
Meh if any Sentai should've gone 'all sea lions' it's Shinkenger. They already clap at the end of every episode :laugh:
Stop using robots that look like Optomus Prime after Combining with the other auto bots.

The older ones looked a little different, but once the 90's came, they started looking like Transformers robots.
lol the Maskman's Galaxy Robo looks exactly like a bootleg G1 Transformer (only Hasbro were sensible enough to never equip Optimus Prime with nipple guns :eyebrow:). IMO the 90s has some of the all-time great Sentai robots. Granted, great Sentai robots are pretty rare anyway. But the pre-Zyu robots just look like they're actually made from painted cardboard boxes. I find them boxy and bland.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I agree. Or if they must have a 6th member, have them go back to the style of Zyuranger, Dairanger, Ohranger, Megaranger, Timeranger, Gaoranger, Hurricaneger, & Shinkenger in which they mostly only show up to help out the core 3/core 5 members whenever they're in danger, instead of having them being standard.

Why do people complain about Sixths so much? "He only shows up when he's needed!" is a half-assed measure, either treat this character as a Ranger or don't. And a mecha is just a mecha, whereas a Ranger brings in a mecha and action figures, roleplay toys, other things

My own suggestions would be: no more bridal episodes (sexist, unnecessary, adds nothing; I don't care if it's "tradition." Kyoto episodes were a "tradition" in Sentai and we haven't had one for a long time and it hasn't really taken away anything from the franchise.) And preferably no more non-human Rangers, or at least not as often as we've had them recently.

Lurker
Why do people complain about Sixths so much? "He only shows up when he's needed!" is a half-assed measure, either treat this character as a Ranger or don't.

Never said that I hated 6th's (in fact, I got some favorite 6th's like Dragonranger, TimeFire, & AbareKiller), it's just that treating them as a standard along with the core 3/core 5 rangers doesn't seem as compelling when they can be used as backups.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Never said that I hated 6th's (in fact, I got some favorite 6th's like Dragonranger, TimeFire, & AbareKiller), it's just that treating them as a standard along with the core 3/core 5 rangers doesn't seem as compelling when they can be used as backups.

That's fair enough. I just get the impression from some parts of the fandom that they think bringing in new Rangers/Riders/sometimes even new villains will drag the story down or detract from the screen time and development of the existing cast and I'm not sure that's always true

Captain

Forgot about Boukenger, imo, that was a pretty good way to set up the debut of a 6th and he had a fairly good back story to boot.