Things I realized after I played this game again as an adult

Adel is a woman! She looks like a muscular shirtless man because she has the body of similar to a man but she is actually a woman. She is a sorceress after all but all that power she have ruined the curves of her body making her look like a man. She is not a transman, she still identifies as a woman but yeah all that power make her deformed and look like a man.

3025162-ff8_adel%20ff8.png

Quistis have feelings for Squall, I never notice this as a kid but after playing it again as an adult I realized she have secret feelings for Squall but He never loved her back. She is supportive of Squall and Rinoa's romance but she is secretly hurt by it.

Despite of the hatred of fans for it's junction and draw system it is actually a very fun game.

Their government is a bunch of sick breakers of child labor laws as Seeds are underage teenagers. Teenagers are not suppose to be soldiers to be sent in war but its a videogame marketed to teens so the characters are teens.

The NPC's have stories! I use to ignore the NPC's but if you talk to them, they all have stories to tell.

Since most of us seen this game as children, Adel and Sheva is our first exposure to female nudity. LOL

Yeah it took me years to figure out that Adel is a cisgender woman who looks like a transman. I also thought she was a man.

Administrator
Staff member
Something I missed throughout all these years is you can convert monsters into cards. No wonder I never get to complete the cards because I was not aware of that ability.

Wow, lmao! I actually didn't notice it even though I'm older by 12 years by now from that point. Rofl, thank you for pointing that out for me, it's always fun to find out such things!

I really wish I have the choice to choose Quistis over Rinoa as love interest because I relate to her much better

To be fair with Squall, he is only verbally rude to his teammates, that is pretty tame compared to Lightning who is very sadistic to her teammates. If that is my team mate, I would have punched her back. Squall also had gone softer thanks to Rinoa so he is a shell that can be cracked into a good person.

One of the reasons why I never notice Adel's gender is the lack of voice acting. So I am one of those disappointed fans because the remaster have no voice overs.

Administrator
Staff member
I know there are fans who tried making a fan dub mod project but sadly it failed and it got cancelled. I hope things get considered after this remaster.

What He is a she. Adel is a woman! Does Adel Identifies as a woman though? If Adel identifies as a man, then Adel might be the first trans character.

I wonder what she looks like before she turned herself into that monster.