Administrator
Staff member
154321.jpg

I just replayed Final Fantasy 8 and after modding my ps4 to have the ability to play ps1 games. Now I came into some realization with the game's main antagonist.

I think Ultimecia is either Squall and Rinoa's descendant. She could be their daughter or their grand daughter.

She is from the future and she came back to the past full of hatred from her ancestors due to whatever she went through.

On the Squall is dead theory, Squall must die so she won't exist.
On the Squall is alive theory, he avoided being with Rinoa again so Ultimecia won't exist.

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I didn't read this.
Are you a fan of them as a couple? The theory kind of makes sense though. The 2 of them splitting apart is the only way to stop Ultimecia from existing. Maybe they can be together but not have children.

I originally had same questions an I think there has to be some connection between Rinoa, Squall, and Ultimecia. Unless square wanted to be a bunch of Aholes.

Ultimecia does have some resemblance with Rinoa but all women in Final Fantasy 8 have the same face and the only thing that keeps them Unique are their hair.

This theory makes more sense than the "Rinoa is Ultimecia" theory. There are many heroic people in history who ends up having nasty and villainous descendants. A former president of my country was elected because of the heroism of his mom and dad but he is nothing like his heroic parents. He is a an awful leader.

If you think about it, She have brown eyes like Squall and she have Asian features like Rinoa. So yes is their descendant and the only way for her to be not born is for Squall to either die or separate ways with Rinoa so she will never be born.

I know people had been debating whether Squall is alive or dead but Ultimecia being his daughter or descendant makes sense. Squall seemed to avoid Rinoa after Ultimecia's defeat if we will go on the theory he is alive. Then on the theory he is dead, his death causes Ultimecia to cease to exist.