After episode 15 comes up, what are your theories for the future episodes of Kamen Rider Drive?

- Like what happens to Chase?
- Why Gou hates all the Roidmudes?
- Where are the rest of the Roidmudes that have been scattered?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I don't think it's a given that he will be. With Gaim not performing well sales-wise (and Wizard also had more than two Riders, and didn't do brilliantly either) we're probably back to the two-Riders-only format for the foreseeable future.

My current guesses are:

- Something is "wrong" with Gou: he's either been somehow affected by a Roidmude, or the use of Mach is doing bad things to him, and he's slowly deteriorating. This is why he seems to be in a hurry to do something, why he is clearly keeping something from Kiriko, why he wants to hook her up with Shinnosuke (i.e. so there's someone to take care of her, etc.) Not sure at the moment whether they would kill him off. It seems rather depressing, and if he's popular with fans, they'll want to keep him alive ... on the other hand, there was that interview where Sanjo said that Ohmori wanted Drive to be a lone hero.

- The Roidmude unit fragmenting with Heart, Brain and Chase turning against each other. (Medic may betray Heart and side with Brain, but I'm hoping she will strike out on her own.) After she manipulated Brain into doing what she wanted in the last episode, I'm thinking she may become a bigger threat in the second arc of the show, but she may be killed off at the end of that arc - perhaps explaining why she isn't in the OP credits.

- Chase will be redeemed, but then sacrifice himself and die. He will not go over to Shinnosuke's side until near the end of his arc

- The show is getting through Roidmudes so slowly that it will be forced to rush through them at the end (like Fourze did with the Horoscopes, but worse, as there are way more Roidmudes.)

- There'll be more shitty "romance" nonsense with Kiriko and Rinna

- Kiriko and Gou may have some kind of unique body chemistry explaining why Kiriko couldn't become Drive and tying in with what's happening to Gou (like in W, where Terui was mysteriously immune to the Old Dopant.)

Wait, Gaim didn't perform well sales-wise? I thought it did well because the supply was not enough?

Wait, Gaim didn't perform well sales-wise? I thought it did well because the supply was not enough?

The last sales figures we had showed it to have done about the same as Wizard. Our very own Lynxara said on Twitter that the Arms Change line performed well but the Energy line didn't, I will see if I can dig that up again

The last sales figures we had showed it to have done about the same as Wizard. Our very own Lynxara said on Twitter that the Arms Change line performed well but the Energy line didn't, I will see if I can dig that up again

The Energy line seemed to be a bust, but Gaim had record breaking numbers in December, and although the first quarter of 2014 was low, half year numbers for 2014, so that's not including December where Gaim was the biggest ever, were still above Wizard's level (Gaim 7.9 billions for 2nd and 3rd quarter vs Wizard 6.3 billions for 2nd and 3rd quarter vs Fourze 11.2 billions for 2nd and 3rd quarter).

Besides, it looks like Drive is doing worse than Gaim too.

(and Wizard also had more than two Riders, and didn't do brilliantly either)

Wizard's other Riders only appeared in the fourth quarter though. They're basically irrelevant as far as toyline numbers go. Drive's 1st quarter numbers also seem to be pretty low, considering toy rankings and Bandai's lack of press releases about them (while they were quick to announce Wizard and Gaim's December numbers even before the financial report) and we even got a news report about slow sales.

I don't think it's a given that he will be.

[hide]We know that there's supposed to be a new Rider-like figure appearing in April from the toyguide though. So, even if it's not Chase, we're almost certainly get a third Rider, since I doubt we're getting a Zangetsu -> Zangetsu Shin scenario here for Mach.[/hide]

[hide]We know that there's supposed to be a new Rider-like figure appearing in April from the toyguide though. So, even if it's not Chase, we're almost certainly get a third Rider, since I doubt we're getting a Zangetsu -> Zangetsu Shin scenario here for Mach.[/hide]

[HIDE]That's interesting, I'd thought that was just another form for Chase?[/HIDE]

Even without that though, that interview makes me doubt we'd get any more. Unless maybe they'd be an evil Rider, or Ohmori was somehow "persuaded" to change his mind (like he reportedly was with Yayoi as KyoryuViolet) or Bandai mandated it? Yeah, you're right, I don't know any more ...

I don't know whether to hazard a guess as to whether Shinnosuke will or won't leave the police at the end of the show. A cop drama of the kind this show is trying to emulate would usually end with the hero still in the police, albeit maybe getting a transfer or whatever. But it would be a way to give him the typical "hero can finally go back to a normal life" ending that Kamen Rider likes ...

That's interesting, I'd thought that was just another form for Chase?

That's why I said "Rider-like". the figure hasn't been explicitly called a Rider, and isn't actually confirmed to be associated with any character, although the silhouette resembles Chase. So, yes, it could be an upgrade for Chaser or another Chaser-like enemy that still doesn't carry the name "Rider".

But it would be a way to give him the typical "hero can finally go back to a normal life" ending that Kamen Rider likes ...

Kamen Rider likes that? Isn't that more like Kobayashi endings, rather than Rider endings?

Last edited:
For future episodes, I wanna see Chase become Drive again and Shinnosuke become the grim reaper, right after both Shinnosuke gains the final form Over Drive and Mashin Chaser gaining the Advanced System.

It'd be just like when Abare Black saves Mahoro and takes up the evil armor as a sacrifice in Abaranger and Kiba taking over Takumi's spot as Faiz during his struggle between being human and Orphenoch in 555.

I do would like for Chase to fully side with Shinnosuke & Gou maybe like in... episode 37 if possible.