Status
Not open for further replies.
Dull Brilliance
WWE:
- Get rid of the Hollywood writers. I know it's supposed to be Sports Entertainment, but when yuo hire guys who as JBL how do they get the fake blood out of their head yeah you're going the wrong way.

Agreed. What WWE needs to understand is people watch their product because it offers a different type of entertainment that can't be found elsewhere on television. I don't really have a problem with them having some writers that are not wrestling fans as they can provide a different perspective with ideas outside the box, however that needs to be tempered with people who know this business inside and out, know it's history and remembers what works and what doesn't.

- Bring back the bullet point style promo. Now Mick Foley has said his best promos were written for him ahead of time so scripted promos can work for some people. But Bullet points can give the wrestler a little more freedom to express himself and define his character.

Definitely. This is why so many guys cut bland and generic promos because they're just reading scripts instead of adding their own personality to their characters. Just take the Nexus for example. On NXT these guys all had diverse characters and were developing their own unique personas because that show in an attempt to be a pseudo-reality program was less scripted than Raw & Smackdown. However once they became the Nexus all of those personalities went by the wayside.

- Redefine what you think a "Star" or diva should look like. This they seemed to forgot seeing how smaller guys like Shawn Micheal, Steve Austin and Brett Hart showed you didn't have to be Hulk Hogan in stature and build to draw money. On a side note if you have to hire a new female wrestler keep Johnny "Ace" Lingitus away from the lingerie catalogs, because that's were he apparently looks for "talent".

Once again just needs to be more of a balance. There's certainly room for eye candy. However maintaining the illusion of a sport, you need people that can work. Not all of them look like models nor do all of them have to look like models and bodybuilders. Variety is the spice of life and all that. There's all kinds of fans with all kinds of tastes and with a cast as big as the WWE roster, there's absolutely no reason why they can't have something for everyone.

I will say, signing Amazing Kong was a step in the right direction.

-Don't rush guys out of developmental. If we seen it once we seen to many time were a guys with a "good look" (Chris Masters, Dave Ortunga. etc...") is called up to the main roster well before they are ready. And while in developmental let the wrestler try to adapt his style of wrestling to the WWE style, more than once have I heard the term cookie cutter wrestler wjhen somebody new comes up.

Definitely. Chris Masters is a great example. He was bland and terrible when he first showed up years ago. However, watch Superstars and you'll see that Chris Masters has improved a LOT. (His feud with Dolph Ziggler were some of the best free-tv matches WWE did last year.) Having a near decade of experience now including a good chunk of it spent in Japan outside of WWE's developmental system did wonders for him.

TNA
- Stop mentioning the WWE so much. Most experts seem to agree that it makes them look minor league and desperate for attention when they do that.
This. Nothing makes it clear that you're runner-up better than mentioning the guy that's bigger than you. Pepsi will use Coca-Cola in their commercials but you'll never ever see Coke mention Pepsi. Burger King will claim the Whopper is better than the Big Mac, but McDonald's won't even acknowledge the King's existence. So when WWE never ever brings up TNA because they view them as beneath them. TNA just looks desperate when they name drop WWE all the time.

- Put a hold on hiring Talent WWE let's go. Now they seem to be doing this one for the time being, so good on them. But as it is they barely have room for the guys they have under contract now. And for some reason you do hire a former WWE talent don't put them in a main event fued or title picture right away, it make the guys who have been there longer and probably more deserving look secondary and less important in the long run.

Just don't hire everyone that WWE lets go. And definitely don't push WWE jobbers and midcards over the TNA stars. Perspective is everything in pro-wrestling. A guy who couldn't cut in WWE but dominates in TNA just makes TNA's roster look weak. There are exceptions because there are guys that WWE just dropped the ball on and in those cases it does TNA good to show what WWE missed out on. D'Angelo Dinero is a prime example of that.

TNA just needs to remember that there are some guys that were fired for a reason and may not be in their best interest to waste their time with.

- Get rid of the "ADD" style booking. They apparently have been getting better at this too, but how many face/heel turns have we seen come out of nowhere over the past couple of years with no build up or apparent reason. Not to mention angles being drop with no finish either.

This is the main reason why I have trouble watching TNA. I look back at the past year of TNA angles and Immortals just doesn't make any fucking sense. And thus I don't give a crap about Immortals. A lot of it TNA's writing trouble is trying to be too edgy and not being able deliver.

Seriously, there is nothing wrong with just keeping things simple most of the time. TNA has some of the best pro-wrestlers in the entire world. They can make compelling feuds with nothing more than, "One guy wants the other guy's title" because the matches as long as the B.S. is kept out are going to fucking rock!

#MissionMiami
I've noticed TNA has grown out of the WWE shots. However, I don't see anything wrong with mentioning WWE if your using it properly like for example Anderson mentioned his role in WWE and how many times he was close to winning a world title and they never gave him a legit chance.

I don't mind that considering it's the truth. I do agree the dumb "shots" are stupid. WWE does it with TNA as well.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Oh ****, this year's Royal Rumble is gonna go from 30 ppl to 40............wow

We Are VR
WWE Confirmed it: http://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/matches/16630520/preview/

The January classic that kicks off the road to WrestleMania is about to change! The famous match of 30 guys getting into the ring fighting for a main event spot is changing.

I got a few phone calls and texts from sources that the Royal Rumble battle royal match will feature 40 superstars. You heard it here first!

After I first posted this story, WWE's Joey Styles tweeted it which should confirm what my sources told me.

This doesn't change the pool of who is going to win! You still remain with the same handful of guys who are likely choices to be in the main event of WrestleMania.

This does give 10 more guys some face time in one of the most anticipated matches of the year! This is a chance for more character exposure and more feuds to potentially be spawned out of the match.

I feel like this move is long overdue. I mean in 1996 WCW had 3 rings with 60 guys.

In 2001, WWE became the only big game in town after the purchase of WCW and had over 60 guys on the roster. I mean come on, 30 was fine in 1988, but its time to go bigger.

Steel cage went to Hell In A Cell.....Ladder match went to TLC.....Royal Rumble should have more guys!

With the amount of interaction the WWE main roster is having with the FCW roster, I think this would be a great to see some of them in the ring. They come up and down now with NXT, many like Alex Riley still compete in FCW, they are the future of the company. This would be a great precedent to have the guys who are working the hardest to earn a chance to be in the ring for a few minutes on one of the biggest shows of the year.

I mean think about this......you start the precedent this year with having 40 guys in the Rumble and toss a FCW guy or two in the match. In the future this leaves the door open for an easy way to bring someone to the main roster to make an impact. Imagine if you see the guys the final superstars left in the ring after all 40 have come out and in the ring is Orton, Cena, Edge, Sheamus and then a guy like Mason Ryan, who everyone is dubbing as the next Batista.

This is right on pace with the youth movement the WWE is engaged in right now.
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/exclusive-breaking-news-royal-rumble-changing-121235

We Are VR
The Batista look alike made his debut Mason Ryan, i thought it was Batista at first.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Mason Ryan (aka the new Batista) makes his debut and joins the Nexus!

Well they had to do something to make up for "weakening" the Nexus last week and strengthen Barrett's "Nexus Wolfpac" on Smackdown.

It made perfect sense, and in essence..........Cena wasn't "Super" tonight.

Eye See You
The Batista look alike made his debut Mason Ryan, i thought it was Batista at first.

When I went on wwe.com I thought Batista returned, lol.

SO now both Nexus groups have beefed up. But the split is excellent, this gives more time for the other members to grow as characters. I'm curious if they will be called NEXUS Red (Raw) and NEXUS Blue (SmackDown).

Status
Not open for further replies.