The Witcher Renewed For Fourth Season, But Without Henry Cavill

Staff member
Big glass-half-full energy coming from Netflix this weekend. They just announced fan-favorite fantasy The Witcher has been picked up for a fourth season — and no, there is no third season you missed. There are currently two available to watch; the third is still under production. But this allows them to craft that season without worrying if they have to make the season finale count as an ending.
Now for the air part of the glass. The Witcher will live to Season 4, but not with the same Witcher. Henry Cavill has decided to leave the series, and the role will be recast with The Hunger Games’ Liam Hemsworth.
“My journey as Geralt of Rivia has been filled with both monsters and adventures, and alas, I will be laying down my medallion and my swords for Season 4,” Cavill said in a statement. “In my stead, the fantastic Mr. Liam Hemsworth will be taking up the mantle of the...

Continue reading...

Liam Hemsworth will be having a lot of pressure because Cavill has been the perfect Geralt. He is the reason why I watched 3 seasons of the show because this is the best live action videogame adaptation I had seen.

Liam might need this more since people know him these days as Chris Hemsworth's brother and Miley Cyrus's exhusband and the reason why Wrecking ball was written.

It wasn't until I heard this news that I realized how accurate this statement was. I doubt anyone else could portray Geralt in such a way that it would continue to carry the show the way he did. What a loss. Henry has a lot of respect for the franchise and the spirit he poured into it, which makes me sad.

Henry was obviously meant for this job. There is no doubt in my mind that Cavill left because of the writing's disregard for the source material, even after he tried his best and try to keep it close to the source, given how passionate he is about the Witcher Universe, how much he wanted such a show after playing the games, and how much he loved the books. Without him, I won't be watching. He was the lifeblood of that series.

We need to give Liam Hemsworth a chance. Think of all the cast and crew who will lose their jobs if this get canceled.

Please do not Ban Me
What's truly unsettling is how much Henry contributed to the writing of the play, how he made it happen, and how that's not included in his performance. Regardless of Henry's acting abilities, the show won't be as good without him putting the writers on the straight and narrow. Considering how miserable the second season was, I have a feeling he had had enough with the showrunners and screenwriters. He had more faith in the adaptation because he was and still is a huge fan of the novels and games. He deserves better, so that was a disappointment. Sad times, but he was in fact intended for that position.

Henry was the one who persuaded me to watch Season 1 because I am a fan of the books and games. As several people have noted, he embodied Geralt in his zeal for the role as well as his love and knowledge of the Witcher mythos. Despite his involvement, the series' steadily deteriorating trajectory could not be reversed, and Season 2 was the tipping point for my interest. Liam is stepping into big shoes, and I'm sure they chose him for a reason. I hope Liam does have the best of luck.

Without Henry, it will not be the same. He gave the character its present shape. I don't think Liam will live up to Henry's expectations for Geralt. I am aware of all the responsibilities Henry has, including the upcoming release of the new Superman and Sherlock Holmes on Netflix, to name just a few.

Money Heister
I'll be keeping an eye on things because the author has created some incredible stories and characters. I thought Henry Cavill did an excellent job, and I'm looking forward to seeing Liam Hemsworth in the upcoming three seasons.