The Wildest Trailers From Sony's New State Of Play

Administrator
<p>Sony broadcasted a new State of Play yesterday. You never know what you’re going to get from these things, but fortunately the January 31 SoP was no dud. Here’s the best of what we saw in those forty minutes….</p>

Banned
OMG Death Stranding 2! hat new Death Stranding 2 trailer just blew my mind! The talking puppet, the new group Drawbridge, and Higgs looking like he's ready for a rock concert – count me in for this wild ride. Kojima always knows how to keep us guessing. In this trailer, Norman Reedus' voice acting is beyond fantastic. He is truly growing accustomed to the part. I laughed so hard during the moment with the guitar attack. That Kojima doesn't hold back is fantastic! I Never thought Death Stranding will get a sequel.

Ahh, Death Stranding's parcel delivery is awesome! I can't wait to get back on that cargo after seeing the new trailer. Sam returns, this time accompanied by a talking puppet. The weight of those packages is already exerting pressure on my imaginary back. If Kojima can make cargo hauling look as thrilling as it does in Death Stranding 2 On The Beach, I'm absolutely hyped! Without the particular style of his imaginative art director, Yoji Shinkawa, it is impossible to imagine a Hideo Kojima game. Their creativity is blossoming in the most incredible and diverse ways, and I couldn't be happier.

Grimm
So, Higgs is back for revenge in Death Stranding 2, and Elle Fanning joins the crew? Intriguing. I'm starting to piece together the plot, but knowing Kojima, there are layers upon layers of narrative waiting to be uncovered. The first game was a masterclass in storytelling, and I'm ready for the sequel to unravel its mysteries

The Silent Hill 2 remake resembles Resident Evil too much instead of being a true Silent Hill. The over-the-shoulder camera, I suppose. Sure, it provides for some amazing gunplay, but strange camera angles are usually necessary to capture the amazing atmosphere of Silent Hill.

Silent Hill 2 looks to be a promising game, despite some evident flaws. The combination of darkness, chill, and mist is incredible, and the way it conjures a sinister feeling is excellent. I'm relieved that many of the mysteries have remained the same. This should portray the sense of being in a vivid dream, or something comparable. The animation of the door opening appears a little goofy. Perhaps the nurses have a movie sense about them? Combat is not the game's primary focus. Something resembling a cutscene would have been ideal. Perhaps in the first five minutes? James can swing a mean bat. He appeared to have been practicing.

The Last Survivor of Raccoon City
I've got mixed feelings about Death Stranding 2. The first game was visually stunning, but the story left me scratching my head. The trailer for the sequel seems equally perplexing, with a talking puppet and Higgs making a dramatic return. I might wait for the reviews before deciding if I want to dive into this mysterious world again. The first game is so boring

Too hot to handle
I caught the State of Play highlights, and Death Stranding 2 got me scratching my head again. What's with those hand-shaped face masks on the doctors? Kojima's world is a mystery, for sure. And a free Silent Hill game out of nowhere? I'm skeptical, but I'll grab it before Konami changes their mind.

I hate you! shh
SONIC X SHADOW GENERATIONS?! Count me in! I've been waiting for something fresh in the Sonic universe. Not sure about a pot-bellied Shadow, but hey, Sonic always surprises. Can't wait to speed through those levels with the new twist!