The Walking dead

I am usually not a zombie fan but my friends got me into Walking Dead. After the first episode, you are instantly hooked. I am actually starting the comic now and I love it as well, and I am not a huge comic person.

OMGGG!!! I totally loved the comic book, what issue are you reading right now!? I haven't read the newest one, but I'm so looking forward to start reading it as soon as I can (I'm working too much nowadays). You will love it!

I like that there is a bit of a difference between the comic book and the tv series and that both work just fine. I hope they continue into several more seasons so that character developments can get even more interesting.

I actually wonder if we'll see some of the things that we saw in the comic, but haven't happened on the TV show yet. I don't dare to mention anything in specific, because I really don't want to spoil it for anyone! But I have the feeling this TV show has more to offer and it will be totally mind-blowing!

I love it, although there have been spots that were a little slow here and there. I agree regarding the differences from the comic, I know that frustrates some fans but I think it's good when an adaptation of this sort is not 100% faithful.

I'm actually really thankful that the show is not different from the comic (a lot), because I have read every single issue of the comic book.. I think I'm still missing issue #110 or something like that, but you get the point ;) I'm actually glad they made the show different... I think they did this having the fans in mind, and also thinking of better ways to make this TV show look even more legit and interesting. I often view this TV show as the polished version of the walking dead comic... too bad the comic book is all white and black... blehhh :oops:

I don't read the comics, but I am in love with this show! I have to say that Sundays premiere was so awesome! Anyone else saw it and want to discuss. The hard part about watching these episodes is waiting each week to watch them.

Same here, I watched it today twice! I think I know what the actors meant in the last interview when they said on this season we'd see a bigger threat that had nothing to do with the walkers or other humans! I don't want to spoil it, but I can foresee this is going to be worse with all those people living in just one place! I can see a lot people dying next week!!!

I must start this post by saying that I love almost everything related to zombies.
As soon as I found out they were creating a zombie tv show, I started searching everything I could about it and I discovered it was based in Comics so obviously I started reading them and really like them.

I was kinda disappointed because it's really different from the comics after some episodes, so after that I just took it as non-related and it just became way interesting that way.

The first season was really good but then they managed to ruin the entire second season with the whole farm story that should've lasted 1 or max. 2 episodes, the entire season became like a soap tv series.
I guess they heard the community and probably the ratings too and made a way more interesting 3rd season and now a really promising 4th season.

I really liked the episode yesterday, finnaly we get some action again!! :D

I couldn't agree with you even more on this one! LOL, the second season was kinda boring... like a soap opera with all those things between Lori and Shane! It's kinda funny considering things didn't happen that way at all, and Shane's death in the comic didn't have such a strong impact as it had on the TV show.

By the way... I've read all the walking dead issues, and I'm so grateful they're doing things differently on the show! Some of the things we saw on the comic were too crude to show them on TV, I guess. That's why I think they decided to do it differently. Another reason I believe they did all totally different, is because they might have felt they needed to address some things that were a bit off in the comic. They realized they needed to make some adjustments... because things just work differently in real life.

All in all... I love this show and the comic!! I hope they keep both of them alive for very long!!!

I have heard "The Walking Dead" is really good. I haven't really gotten a chance to watch it, but I would someday. I do see zombie movies or TV shows are getting very popular nowadays. This is definitely going to be on my to-be-watch list.

I hope you do :) The walking dead is a great TV show :) I just can't wait for the next episode, but to be quite honest with you... I don't think this new season is going the way I expected it. I was expecting something more shocking and exciting, but I guess we'll see some of that later ;) still so far so good :)

I am yet to come across a forum which doesn't have a Walking Dead thread! That show has an occultic following! I'm embarrassed to say that I am still on the second season but I know that I'll be done with the third season by Monday. It is quite captivating, but my verdict so far is that the first season was better. I'll post another verdict once I'm up-to-date with all the episodes.