The Trailer Is Out For Makato Shinkai’s Suzume

Staff member
Earlier in the year, the next anime film from director Makato Shinkai (Your Name, Weathering With You) was revealed: Suzume no Tojimari, now just called “Suzume.” We’ve now got a trailer for the film as well as some new details about the plot and the lead actress.
17-year-old Suzume is a survivor of some unspecified disaster that has left her Japanese town in ruins. She doesn’t know what caused it until the day she finds a single, battered door standing upright in the middle of a pile of debris — like the disaster somehow missed it. Stricken with curiosity, Suzume opens the door…which was not a good idea. Not only did what’s behind the door cause the disaster in the first place, doors like it are now opening up across Japan. Suzume has to clean up her own mess by finding and closing them all!
Nanoka Hara has been cast as the Japanese voice of the lead character, and it’s her you get to hear in the trailer. Says Hara, “I was so nervous. Since I could only use my voice to act out the...

Continue reading...

Everything's coming up Milhouse!
The song they used in the trailer is giving me life. It is so catchy in a sublime way! Even though I already found the music to be lovely, the extended version's inclusion of lyrics has made me even more enthusiastic to see the film. Even though I don't understand a single word of it, it manages to stir up in me some lovely yet depressing feelings and visions.

I love Your Name and Weathering with You. There is no way in H.E double hockey sticks I will skip this one. It looks romantic and amazing.

I was even more excited to watch this new future Makoto Shinkai masterpiece when I saw this new trailer on Twitter for the first time, finally with the words to this lovely music! In these difficult circumstances, I really wanted to watch a Shinkai film.

That's the glory of love!
When I first saw Makoto Shinkai, I knew we would all cry while watching this gorgeous film. I have a strange feeling that Shinkai and his group are Ghibli's successors. Do I stand alone? Oh my god, Makoto has yet to create something that puts a smile on my face and makes me feel thrilled and eager for this! Together with Makoto Shinkai's other works, this will be another masterpiece.

Resident of Bandora's Palace
Due to my current single status and lack of love prospects, I never miss watching Makoto Shinkai's anime. It makes me feel that the likes of me still have a chance for love.