What is this Amazon/Pokemon comparison even supposed to mean? I don't remember any similarities aside from having a child as one of the protagonists.

What is this Amazon/Pokemon comparison even supposed to mean? I don't remember any similarities aside from having a child as one of the protagonists.

It isn't so much a comparison as a mockery. The insult is meant to suggest that Amazon didn't do much on his own, instead relying on Masahiko to tell him when **** was going down. And more than that, a lot of the show focused on Masahiko teaching Amazon about language and morality. "Training" him, if you will.

I think it gets blown out of proportion a bit, myself. Amazon took the initiative many times. I didn't like the series for the simpler reason that it was just plain boring. Nothing happened, **** was pulled out of the air as a solution to problems that had only existed for 5 minutes, and the central enemy presence was not only non-threatening, but seriously lacking in interesting motivation.

But disliking Amazon isn't really an unpopular opinion, I don't think.

The new Tendou Souji
it became a rut when they killed the only character that understands Amazon.

Wut?
[hide]Masahiko never got killed and Mole Beastman died - A) after Amazon could fluently speak Japanese and B) in the last 5 episodes.[/hide]

SLICE
Amazon is great, but it suffers from what I noticed V3 suffered from.

Mid season fatigue of a sort. Where things just generally get calmer and less interesting than the beginning and it's kind of paint by the numbers. The issue is, it kicked in for Amazon in the middle of its series and they didn't REALLY get over it...

Which was bad news for Stronger, which carried that fatigue into its show for the first 8 or so episodes.

Stronger's first 8 episodes are the weakest for the villain side, with little of note happening, but it's where Shigeru is at his best, IMO. He really seems like someone who can basically do anything at that point and knows and enjoys it. Afterwards, the series starts giving a lot more focus to villain in fighting, and Stronger's kind of toned down, although still with some great moments spread throughout the series.

Last edited:
SLICE
The issue is, I think...

The fights kind of sucked in the first 8 episodes. There wasn't a whole lot to them. So all you had to go on was the heroes, and as great as they are, they can't hold the show up on their shoulders alone.

The battles were really one sided in those first 8 episodes, but, eh, I like Kabuto too, so I guess that kind of thing doesn't bother me if I enjoy everything else about them.

In the 'low visibility' podcast Lynxara mentioned that the production staff received packages in the mail containing toy medal sets and accompanying notes saying "please give these to Ankh so he won't be sad anymore". They probaby convinced themselves they would be traumatising thousands of little children if they made it so that Eiji had to kill Ankh.

I don't know what to think about that. Ankh is clearly shown to not be a good guy, especially in the beginning. He's willing to let people die just for Medals. And yet kids are drawn to him? Why, because he's a floating arm and that looks funny?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Maybe because his quirks appealed to kids (the hairstyle, ice lollies, climbing trees, etc?)

So should kids like Gai/Black Condor (at least in the beginning) because he's charming and suave? Or Sonada/Scorpio because she's nice?