Lurker
I watched 38 episodes of Blade and could not remember the name of the main character.
Also did not know Tachibana's chick had been killed.

Decade saved the franchise.
Or at least...boosted it.

Agito is like Kuuga...only better.

Most old school toku shows are not as great as we think they are.
However Riderman is the baddest mother f@cker you will ever meet.

My love for Lost Galaxy is 60% centered around my homoerotic feelings for Leo.
That shirt ripping scene, f@cking swoon.

Psycho Rangers...Why has this idea not been used again.
No that SPD episode doesn't count.

I kinda liked Goseiger.
And Gosei Red has some redeeming qualities.

where did the crew behind RPM go?
Seriously that show was so friggin good and came out of nowhere.
What the hell.

Hibiki's story was baller.
The fights sucked but dat story.

First half of Den-O is great. Second half sucked.

First half of Kabuto is great, Second half sucked.

Bouken Red is my hero.

Rina Aizawa is hot when she's not Go-On Yellow.

Zyuranger has the best suit design and poses ever.

Japan sucks.
It does.
They constantly get attacked by monsters both big and small and ranging from 1 to 100 at a time.
And they still have a **** military.
It's all privately owned crap.
And there are super corporations everywhere.
And the toku heroes never have get any merchandise sold of them.
You think one person would be like "man, these figures of Bouken Red would sell like crazy. And boost our economy."

F@ck everyone, there has never been a tokusatsu show I've hated.

Heroes are forever
I can watch Movie War Core over 50 times and not get sick of it. Also, nobody was out of character at all here.

G4, Knight, Scissors, Zolda, Raia, Gai, Ohja, Odin, Tiger, Imperer, Femme, Ryuga, Verde, Kaixa, Delta, Psyga, Orga, Chalice, Kabuki, many other onis, TheBee, Drake, Sasword, KickHopper, PunchHopper, Dark Kabuto, Gaoh, Nega Den-O, Yuuki, G Den-O, Rey, Arc, Saga, Dark Kiva, Abyss, Diend, Chinomanako (SPECIALLY CHINOMANAKO), Kivara, Core, Poseidon & Nadeshiko are NOT Kamen Riders.
I've yet to see all series from Agito onwards fully, so my opinion might be a bit incomplete.

Kamen Rider X has one of the best designs of the early Showa Riders.
Agreed.

Also, I said this before in a similar thread, I have no problems with Power Rangers: Turbo at all.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
-I feel like they missed a good opportunity to develop Walz before his departure. Then again, it's easier to kill off a character than to do anything interesting with them.
-Ahim is a much more interesting character than Luka, who the only thing she got going for her is just spunk and a backstory that's never brought up outside of a few focus episodes.
-Whenever someone posts that 'Never Forget Goseiger' pic, I feel the need to punch somebody.
-The amount to backlash towards a female cast member not being 'hot,' such as Arisa Komiya, is pretty telling of what the fandom watches toku for more than anything.

I agree with all of these :thumbs:

More of mine:

- I like Go-onger, Goseiger, Decade and Kabuto
- I dislike Magiranger, Garo, Kiva and their characters
- Akiko is a perfectly fine character and is well suited to Terui, who loves her
- All Sentai teams should begin with five Rangers
- Sentai and Rider are allowed to focus on child viewers. They don't need "adult appeal"
- I hate Main Rider/Main Girl and Red Ranger/Pink Ranger 'ships
- I don't mind PR series that closely follow their Sentai counterpart
- We should have male Rangers in pink and female Rangers in red, black, green and dark blue (other than Kaoru, Mele, Megumi and Gokaiger)
- There is no need for an insect-themed Sentai. It's a completely random and pointless idea.
- Gai Ikari is not a clone of Genta, and should not be killed off
- Sentai should drop the cutesy idol crap for its heroines
- Ran is equally as attractive and worthwhile a character as Mele
- Taiga should have remained as Saga instead of becoming Dark Kiva
- Kamen Rider Joker isn't interesting. Shotaro works better as half of W.
- I don't care whether or not male leads in toku are "manly"
- Armor Hero is a decent show
- Sentai should re-introduce the "hot-blooded big eater male Yellow" and "young, inexperienced Blue" types

My Thoughts on Sentai:

As a relative new-comer to Sentai, I’ll only give my opinions on the series’ I’ve seen in their entirety on DVD.

1. I really enjoyed Boukenger from start while finish, and it’s not just because of Chise Nakamura. It was an entertaining series that had the action-adventure/comedy/drama mix in the proper proportions. Though I did find Eji to be a little annoying at times.

2. GekiRanger got off to a nice slow start, had a good build-up to a really GREAT finale. It was very moving watching Rio and Mele die. The GekiRanger movies carried on the shows awsomness AND it was great to see Miki doing the GekiRanger dance at the end of the Hong Kong Battle DVD.

3. From start to finish, Go-Onger rocked every episode. The Go-Ongers were cool, the go-on Wings, despite me wanting to slap Ani, were really cool. The villans were funny and serious, especially the borderline alcoholic Kegareshia.

4. And so far, I’m enjoying Gokaiger, it would be my second-fav sentai if it were not for two things. The first Being Gai “Please kick me in the nuts and throw me overboard†Yuuki. While being enthusiastic, he just really irritates me and half makes me want the Zagyack to conquer Earth so they can do away with him. And the second thing is the Legend War, a previous post mentioned how dum it was to mention it right off the bat in episode 12 and I agree. The Jetman tribute episode was Gokaigers Best. Episode. Ever; until they do a ZyuRanger/Go Ranger tribute ep

I liked him when he wasn't a god
And so far, I’m enjoying Gokaiger, it would be my second-fav sentai if it were not for two things. The first Being Gai “Please kick me in the nuts and throw me overboard†Yuuki. While being enthusiastic, he just really irritates me and half makes me want the Zagyack to conquer Earth so they can do away with him.

GokaiSilver is Gai Ikari. Black Condor from Jetman is Gai Yuuki

MMPR wasn't that great. It went on for far to long and it was the same thing every episode.
Tendou isn't a great character. I wished the show actually developed him.
I actually enjoyed Decade.
Turbo was better when the cast change.
Kamen Rider Den-O isn't as goofy as people made it out to be. I thought it would be none stop humor but it had it's serious moments.
I felt that Time Force for being a copy of Timeranger wasn't bad. It was done right.
Jungle Fury and Operation Overdrive were good(I liked the fight scenes along with the explosions.)
Lost Galaxy was alright,it wasn't good or bad it was just neutral.
I like Mecha fights in PR and SS
The people who judge heroines such as Rika Satoh for having big ears along with Mina Fukui and Arisa Komiya for not being hot is sad.

Last edited:
Reviewer/Artist/Lone Swordsman
Japan Tokusatsu
The ending to Ryuki, that fucking ending!!!! All of that character development... DOWN THE FUCKING SHITTER

WAS IT REALLY TOO MUCH GIVE THE GOKAIGERS A POWERED UP MODE?!

I DEMAND CLOSURE FOR THE ORIGIN OF THE HOPPER RIDERS AND DRAKE!!!!

I think Kiva had great potential, but way too many plotholes for me to really enjoy.

I think Doc is too damn whiny, man up!

Gai Ikari......SHUT THE **** UP!!!!

Ahim..... marry me <3

Goseiger was too damn silly and mushy for my taste.

Magiranger you're still my #1

I hate when Sentai Leaders are complete morons, like Sosuke & Jan! In a real battle the hot blooded idiot rarely comes out on top

Engine-Oh G12...... ugly as sin!

Blade is my favorite rider show.

Decade is the perfect embodiment of the term "too many cooks spoils the pot"

WHO THE **** WAS SMUG ENOUGH TO END FAIZ ON A CLIFFHANGER?!

STOP IT WITH ALL OF THE JAILBAIT YELLOW RANGERS TOEI!!!!!

Takeru is the best Red ever!

American Tokusatsu

I miss Mystic Knights of Tir na Nog

I will find the suit of Ferbus someday......AND BURN IT!!!!!

In Space is one of my faves.... but let's face it ripped off heavily from Star Wars

**** you Jungle Fury!

Samurai......ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!

I mostly enjoyed Dragon Knight

Only thing I liked about Lost Galaxy was Cerena Vincent

Time Force..... I love you and everything that had to do with you!

Never finished Beetleborgs Metallix, didn't hate it though.

Last edited:
"Training."
- Hibiki is a better than most of the other Heisei Riders (pretty much all of them pre-Decade). Except Hibiki is on the same level as Kuuga.

- Faiz was terrible.

- Blade was ok but took effort to watch.

- Kabuto was awful.

I liked the way Jetman's finale was handled (regarding Gai).

RX was more enjoyable for me than Black.

Villains are just as important to a story as the heroes and should receive equal air time and character development.

I have no problem with YellowBuster. All the hate doesn't make sense to me.

I would love to see more diversity in ages on a Sentai team. Kid Rangers are fine with me and it would be great to see a regular team member in the 40+ range (glad they went there with Miyuki, but that only halfway counts).

If they dropped mecha battles completely, I wouldn't miss them at this point.