Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I watch Voyager mainly for Seven of Nine. :anime:

Super Moderator
I basically go Original Series and it's (good) related movies + Star Trek TNG minus any of it's movies. For me it ended with All Good Things.

I felt pretty good about the Abrams movie but my enjoyment of the action was slightly countered by missing the actual exploration aspect of the whole Star Trek thing but I remain hopeful that maybe now that everyone has been re-established we can have some of that back to go along with our awesome space battles and such.

Mad Skillz
I felt pretty good about the Abrams movie but my enjoyment of the action was slightly countered by missing the actual exploration aspect of the whole Star Trek thing but I remain hopeful that maybe now that everyone has been re-established we can have some of that back to go along with our awesome space battles and such.
I'm thinking this is what's going to be the focal point of the second movie. It would feel odd to toss the audience right into the fray with a movie that's basically trying to make the franchise relevant again. To me it felt like the first movie is sowing the seeds of Trek lore, while the second (and likely future movies) will dive deeper into what really makes Star Trek a unique thing.

Which is also why I love Voyager so much, it's basically my favorite of the shows because I feel it does exploration better than any others. And Janeway's one awesome captain who feels like someone who has all the best aspects of Kirk and Picard in her.

I basically go Original Series and it's (good) related movies + Star Trek TNG minus any of it's movies. For me it ended with All Good Things.

Not even First Contact? :O_O: That's one of my favorite Trek movies while including the original ones I've seen.

I feel the same as far as the exploration theme goes. Trek seems to have moved more towards the action/adventure theme and I suppose the other films will continue to do the same. It was a very entertaining and enjoyable movie for me, but I do miss the exploration and discovery elements.

Super Moderator
Not even First Contact? :O_O:

Yeah... My feelings on it are basically since Picard's pain over what happened in Best Of Both Worlds had been addressed and resolved when he returned to his family home to visit his brother an episode or two later it didn't really make a lot of sense to me for him to be going Captain Ahab. At the least not to the extent he was in the movie.

Also doing another time-travel plot and turning Zefram Cochrane into a drunken goon kinda put me off. I wasn't thrilled with the destruction of Enterprise-D and hated the design of Enterpise E because it lost all of the whole space-ship Earth feel that I thought made the TNG version of the ship distinct from OS.

..and I'm not even going into Data's emotion chip or the concept of a Borg queen.

I actually didn't mind the emotion chip so much in Data. I would have called BS if it not been introduced in one of the previous episodes. The Borg Queen concept I didn't particularly like. It was just in glaring opposition to everything we know about the Borg and the collective.

He had resolved what had happened to him with his brother on that episode that you mentioned, but I figured the encounter with the Borg in First Contact brought all that back up to the surface.

However, I do have to say I didn't really mind seeing Picard unload on the Borg with a tommy gun. xD

I got into Star Trek late in the game. I managed to see all the episodes of TNG because they rerun that show all the time here in the US. I even managed to see all the episodes of DS9 and Voyager. Honestly, I love them all. I can understand preferring a show over others, I can understand giving a show a try and not liking it, I can even understand not liking a show for ruining canonical details. However, what I do NOT understand is completely refusing to try a show just because it's new and/or different. I remember seeing Vic Mignogna at a convention talking about how he won't watch any other Trek's other than the original because that is Star Trek to him. Fair enough, but if I had the same mentality, I would be depriving myself of seeing how awesome Brotherhood is just because I liked the original Full Metal Alchemist more.

So really, I like all the shows. I haven't seen the original or Enterprise yet, but I am willing to give it a shot. I heard Enterprise ruins the canon for everything, it even breaks tradition by having a vocal song for its OP theme, but I heard the song and I actually like it. And now that the original has been remastered with modern CGI and special effects, I really want to see how that looks!

And also, I never really understood the point of Kirk VS Picard, or VS any of those other captains. Call foul on it if you want, but I liked Generations, and it showed that captains both from the Federation would be on the same side rather than against each other. If you really want to talk about which is superior, I always thought Picard was superior, but only because he lives in the future that Picard won't see. Times have changed, technology is alot better, basic training has improved greatly, protocol is better defined. I would have thought that Picard probably learned everything in basic training and a little after that Kirk spent his whole life mastering. But I could be wrong, and The Nostalgia Chick showed me that there are more grounds to compare them on besides all that. Still, I think our fandoms should bring us together instead of tear us apart.

Super Moderator
I enjoy both Kirk and Picard each for their own thing. I like Kirk for his going against the rules and managing to come out on top in spite of it as well as his not believing in the no-win scenario. I also really enjoy the dynamic between Kirk,Bones, and Spock.

Picard I like for his always being able to find a way to make the rules work in his favor in order to achieve the best solution. In that respect he's the polar opposite of Kirk yet no less heroic. They both do whatever it takes to save lives . I particuarly enjoyed his dynamic with Worf that started when he acted as Cha-dich for his trial.

They would often try to replicate a Kirk/Spock dynamic using Picard and Data but I think Picard and Worf actually made a more interesting contrast. The warrior and the diplomat.

Banned
This thread is full of BLASPHEMY!
*Sharpens Bat'leth*
:sparta!::sparta!::sparta!::sparta!:

[HIDE]It's good to see some mature discussion, even if i don't agree with all of it.
Like as much as i love First Contact (Best TNG movie i think) it does have flaws.[/HIDE]

now Nerd Emperor
Janeway is my favorite Captain... after that: Picard, Kirk, Archer, and Sisko.

Series in order of favorites:
Voyager
Deep Space Nine / Enterprise (both got better in later seasons)
The Next Generation
The Original Series

Movies in order of favorites:
First Contact / Nemesis
The Undiscovered Country
Generations
The Wrath of Khan
Insurrection
The Search for Spock
J.J.Abram's Star Trek
The Voyager Home
The Motion Picture