Banned
So, we have quite a few Star Trek fans around nah, what ever you call yourself.
Here is a place to talk Trek, whatever it may be:

Kirk V Picard (V Sisko V Janeway V Archer)
What Series/Movies rock and what suck.
Episodes, Characters, Rubber forehead Aliens, Planets of Hats......

Whatever.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Who's Krik?

Kirk > Picard > Janeway > Archer

Sorry, not a fan of DS9. :anime:

Just Scratch Behind the Ears
Krik V Picard

I was actually just thinking about this last night. Obviously both very talented leaders but for me it comes down to who I'd serve under. Thus my vote goes to Picard.

Kirk seems like the kind of guy I'd love to hang out with on the weekends, absolutely. But I wouldn't want to step foot on his ship. Being the space cowboy looks really cool until you take in the scope of Starfleet, of the Federation. Take it all in. Then look at Kirk. No. Fuckin. Way.

Picard, while not someone I'd go club hopping with is a consummate professional. I would serve under him any day.

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I don't know why there wasn't one of these sooner. :buttrock:

Banned
One common complaint for Picard i hear all the time is that he is a Diplomat First, Soldier Second as well as a Pacifist unless it was absolutely necessary to fight. Kirk, while still the a Diplomat/Solider was much faster to pull out his phaser or attack a unknown.

That might have to do with the times though, with Kirks era having a Cold War with the Kinglons and the Romulains lurking, where as Picard's time was rather more Peaceful (Klingons where allies now, Romulains shut themsleves off for 50 some years).

Last edited:
私の占いは当たる
oqc9xv.jpg

:wub:

Just Scratch Behind the Ears
See, and I just find those same reasons as examples for Picard and against Kirk. Also era be damned, if there were more people like Picard and less loose cannons the war might have been over sooner.

EDIT: Oh Porthos :( so sad.

The World Warrior
Picard. I'm more familiar with his character. I've only seen about 10 episodes of the original series.

A little Star Trek humor...

[hide] [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJn9Wqm2Ryk&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Ensign Ricky[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOwNgn9eq6U&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]YouTube - Family Guy - Commander Worf's head [HD][/ame][/hide]

Fighting evil makes me thirsty
It seems that people prefer the rougish captains over the more diplomatic ones like Picard. I think that's partly the reason they made Archer all "I'm-gonna-break-all-the-rules" during the Xindi arc in Enterprise.

I prefer Picard's style. He knows when it's acceptable to take a risk and not, and he will almost always pursue the diplomatic method but when push comes to shove he doesn't flinch.