Friendship and the Cosmos.
With the end of Kamen Rider Double approaching, I've decided to make a thread for some of the most colorful and intresting villians I've personally ever seen in a toku show. That's right, the Sonozaki. For almost a year we have watched the Sonozaki's rise from simple Gaia Memory dealing to transforming a person into the High Priestess of the god Earth. We've watched the defection of a mother and daughter, the death of a husband, and of course, the death and rebirth of a son.

Each of the Sonozaki's, while evil, were truly individual characters in their own right. Not some random villian that the hero defeated along the way. From Wakana's hesitance to join the Museum, to Saeko killing Kirihiko for her own honorable purposes, Sanjo and Hasegawa gave many dimensions to their villians that left impression on us viewers.

The last arc revealed to us that Ryubei indeed loved his family, but seeing it crumble after his sons rebirth in to a avater of the earth, his wife's defection has made him live in the past.

Part of what made Double so special to watch the Sonozaki's. Right?

Sonozaki were interesting in the fact that they were a corrupt family that was messed up because of the father's ambitions. The way they are portrayed is very well done, and I love how none are truly evil and they show each backstory.

Sonozaki were interesting in the fact that they were a corrupt family that was messed up because of the father's ambitions. The way they are portrayed is very well done, and I love how none are truly evil and they show each backstory.

Sans Mick the Cat. But I can actually see Mick join the agency as Philip's assistant or staying with Wakana at the radio station.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I didn't really think about Mick in all of this. Mick was just a tool used by Ryubei. He didn't know what he was doing.

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
Don't forget that Raito/Philip is also a Sonozaki... :laugh: They are the ultimate Family.... W/Double wouldn't be a successful series without them.. :thumbs:

Romantic hero.
Unseriously, Mick obviously kicked Philippe in there. The bastard.

Seriously, Ryubee was one of the best tragic villains I've ever seen.

Why isn't there a Rio and Mele Appreciation Thread... :disappoin