The Sea Beast, An adventure from the Makers of Big Hero 6 and Moana

The Sea Beast is an Animated adventure coming to Netflix. This Epic Ocean adventure is written and directed by Chris Williams. He is more associated with Disney with movies like Big Hero 6 and Moana. His experience with Moana shines through with the ocean scenery of this movie. Netflix worked with Disney Animators before and made original movies with them. Over The Moon and Vivo are both collaborations of Netflix with Disney Animators. This is going to be Chris William’s first movie outside Disney.
The Concept of hunting Sea Monsters might be too edgy for Disney, but Netflix will be more open with such a Concept. The designs of the monsters are highly detailed and sophisticated. They look intimidating enough without being a Nightmare fuel for children. A video game tie-in would be...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
My love is electrifying from above
When Moana first came out in theaters, I blossomed into a huge fan. So there's no way I'm going to dislike this one, right? I can't believe it's just available on Netflix!

I haven't watched it yet but since I loved Moana I'm pretty sure I'll love this one. We watched Moana as a family and everyone enjoyed the experience. I'm sure since it's an adventure movie there will be a lot of traveling. I totally love animations cause of my daughter.

To my knowledge, there aren't enough ocean adventure films out there.
The animation was stunning, and a fresh film about sailing and living on the high seas is much needed right now.

I sincerely hope that more films like this will be made in the future, as this is a theme that has been mostly ignored because of the high cost of shooting on the open sea. Being animated makes it easier.