The S.H. Figuarts Thread: Justi-5's the Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr Kain

The ball joint that plugs into the thigh was really tight... and after constant pressure of the joint being twisted while being moved, it eventually tore off from the stress. i've read that some people have popped the leg out and shaved the joint down a little and it seemed to help. None of the other Fourze figures have this problem, it was just Basestates that had the really tight hip joint.

i didn't really worry about it since i've never had any issues with SHF before, so this was a bit surprising, but not catastrophic. i contacted bluefin about it, so hopefully i get a positive response of some kind.

Thanks the gods I have no interest in Fourze.

Thanks the gods I have no interest in Fourze.

It's not a running problem with every Fourze, sometimes you just get unlucky and get a figure with quality issues. My Kuuga for example had a very stiff leg joint and the thing snapped right off, similar to what happened here.. but the majority of them are fine.

Some of them, like Tatoba, have loose joints, but the only one I'd be very wary of is Shinken Pink, who had widespread joint problems which frequently lead to them breaking.

It's not a running problem with every Fourze, sometimes you just get unlucky and get a figure with quality issues. My Kuuga for example had a very stiff leg joint and the thing snapped right off, similar to what happened here.. but the majority of them are fine.

Some of them, like Tatoba, have loose joints, but the only one I'd be very wary of is Shinken Pink, who had widespread joint problems which frequently lead to them breaking.

None of my Figuarts have had any problems. I don't have any Fourzes or OOO yet, but none of the Kuugas had stiff joints, and my Shinken Pink is great, no stiffness at all in her joints, I'm not worried at all about her.

The new Tendou Souji
I dunno if I'd ever buy Red Buster but, I know I have no interest in the Bouken Red figure. I already have a figure like this (though, the shoulder and back plate things are missing) and that's as close to Boukenger as I wanna get. It's posable so, I'm not gonna argue.

On a related note, is there a release date for Nadeshiko yet? Last I heard it was getting released in June but, I never got a specific date on it.

The OOO leg joints are just terrible, especially TaToBa. W has some problems like that too but not to the extend that TaToBa has it's just sad. Nadeshiko is an exclusive coming out... some time this month. Dunno for sure.

Supaidaman!
speaking of Fourze, i had my first SHF casualty the other night. I was setting up fourze basestates for some photos and while i was posing him for some shots, his left hip peg tore off. I noticed that the joint was really tight since i've had him, but never thought that that would happen.

Mine's really tight in the same spot. Should I be worried...?

Also, HAMMER IKEZO.

Last edited:
Mine's really tight in the same spot. Should I be worried...?

Also, HAMMER IKEZO.

Hmm, yeah, I'd be careful with that one. Maybe try that shaving trick? I am VERY careful with my collectibles, and if this broke on me, I can imagine how it would be for other people that aren't as cautious.

Also, Meteor's bike is an exclusive... SURPRISE! I'm still getting it.

speaking of Fourze, i had my first SHF casualty the other night. I was setting up fourze basestates for some photos and while i was posing him for some shots, his left hip peg tore off. I noticed that the joint was really tight since i've had him, but never thought that that would happen.

i'm not sure if i should try to contact bluefin for a replacement, or just order another one from amiami...?

I didn't order from bluefin, but its technically one of their products and it was defective. i dunno, anybody got any ideas?

R.I.P. Fourze (this is the last picture i took before he met his untimely demise)

-SNIP-

The ball joint that plugs into the thigh was really tight... and after constant pressure of the joint being twisted while being moved, it eventually tore off from the stress. i've read that some people have popped the leg out and shaved the joint down a little and it seemed to help. None of the other Fourze figures have this problem, it was just Basestates that had the really tight hip joint.

i didn't really worry about it since i've never had any issues with SHF before, so this was a bit surprising, but not catastrophic. i contacted bluefin about it, so hopefully i get a positive response of some kind.

Ouch. Hope you're able to get your figure replaced or something. I just recently had to work on my ShinkenRed and ShinkenGold figuarts.

I'm happy to report that my ShinkenRed's hips are perfect. Gold's hips on the other hand? Well, they're like Red's and they can move perfectly but, they're now more prone to popping off. Not that huge of a loss.

I actually had to use the shaving trick on the ball-socket on both figures and it definitely helps out a lot.

Last edited:
Space Ninja
i contacted bluefin about it, so hopefully i get a positive response of some kind.

You'll almost certainly get an unfortunate message telling you that, because you have a Japanese release and not a Bluefin one with their sticker on it, that they're not able to help you out.

Lurker
ifXrSl.jpg
http://blog.livedoor.jp/hacchaka/archives/51825211.html

On a related note, is there a release date for Nadeshiko yet? Last I heard it was getting released in June but, I never got a specific date on it.
- SHF Nadeshiko : June 23

Status
Not open for further replies.