The S.H. Figuarts Thread: Justi-5's the Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
So I received an order from Mandarake (it was the second order I placed, curiously enough, but the first to arrive) containing SH Dogga Form Kiva and SH Baashaa form Kiva.

And frankly, I still think they're awesome. My only complaints with the figures is that the fuestle holder parts of the belt don't have any fuestle details, like the SHF Rising Ixa does. Oh, and Dogga's Hammer is a bit heavy, his arms, particularly his wrists aren't quite tight enough to pose the hammer exactly as I'd like.

But aside from that, they're awesome, and now I'm sad that Emperor Kiva and Dark Kiva didn't get an SH release. I love that Kivat is removable.

Well, that's why they got the SHF treatment. The Kiva line was the last of the SH figures.

Well that is just stupid reasoning. No one wants only a couple rangers to a team, they are going to want the entire team. That is the whole point of a ranger team. So there goes one reason why they sold poorly. The second reasoning is these were never advertised. I found Red and Gold when I was just looking at the Zeo Megazord figure. Before then, I had never even heard of SH Figuarts before. How do they expect to sell something that is not advertised. And now Bandai says they want to bring out the Monsterarts and One Piece New World Figuarts, but are they going to actually advertise so those like me that want to buy them will know to start going to TRU on a regular basis again?

Things like Godzilla appeal to a much wider range of collectors, so do anime figures.. Power Rangers does not. And even in Japan the female rangers don't sell well, even the Gokaiger ones are exclusive and they're the current team. So sadly, people clearly don't want full teams.

If you want to collect, importing is the only option.

Minato Ascending
And who are you to tell them what to do? :laugh: That's why you have to import items to get the whole team. BOA does not need to advertise the SHF figures, because that's not really in their lineup and the fact is that it's only available over at TRU. Bandai is working with Bluefin to get those figures in North America. The fact is, these are collector items, which are hard to sell to regular kids.

If BOA would sell the remaining Figuarts from Shinkenger, then I may contemplate buying the rest so I can complete the team. But as of right now I'm too financially-strapped to actually pay $45+ for just one Figuart.

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
If BOA would sell the remaining Figuarts from Shinkenger, then I may contemplate buying the rest so I can complete the team. But as of right now I'm too financially-strapped to actually pay $45+ for just one Figuart.

From interviews from Bandai, they WANT to bring the rest of the Shinkengers here, but they CAN'T. Bandai of Japan's Tamashii Web Exclusives are to remain Tamashii Web Exclusives. The only exception to this is the DBZ figures, as they are made primarily for the US market, and the only reason they're even on Tamashii Web is so Japanese fans have a chance of getting them locally.

Until BoA decides to open an American Tamashii Web, or BoJ decides to change their policies, the remaining Shinkengers will never make their way over here.

...A local Tamashii Web would be nice...

All your FACES are belongs to ME!!!
From interviews from Bandai, they WANT to bring the rest of the Shinkengers here, but they CAN'T. Bandai of Japan's Tamashii Web Exclusives are to remain Tamashii Web Exclusives. The only exception to this is the DBZ figures, as they are made primarily for the US market, and the only reason they're even on Tamashii Web is so Japanese fans have a chance of getting them locally.

Until BoA decides to open an American Tamashii Web, or BoJ decides to change their policies, the remaining Shinkengers will never make their way over here.

This! I don't know why it's hard to grasp. Didn't we get a repainted Goku that's only available here in North America?

is The Underground Toy Reviewer
This! I don't know why it's hard to grasp. Didn't we get a repainted Goku that's only available here in North America?

Yup, Anime colors instead of Manga colors. Along with the Metallic Mega Man X. Japan didn't get either of those, and I don't think they ever will, probably for the same reasoning we can't get their exclusives.

SHF's Kivat is removable. So is Tatsulot and it can plug into the SH Arms weapons.

What?! Really?! I'm pretty sure that the video reviews I've seen of Emperor Kiva said neither Kivat nor Tatsulot were removable. If they were wrong, then I'm very happy. Since my Mandarake Sawara order arrived yesterday, I'm hopeful that the Nakano order I placed a few days before that will arrive soon, and then I'll have Emperor Kiva, (and Ixa, and a bunch of Doubles, and Kuugas, and probably an angry wife).

Except we still need a SHF Saga. And Bishop, and King (Fangire form), and Rook too, those were the best Fangire designs. And if they do those, they might as well do Queen, I'd but all of them.

A local Tamashii Web would be nice, or if BoJ would decide to ship to America, also BlueFin seemed like they could bring them over, since, they had a poll on Facebook to see how many people would want them to bring over Tamashii Web Exclusive, but they only got 447 votes for yes(And oddly 19 for no.), so I doubt that's enough for them to go to the trouble to release them over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.