n/s
We know it's based from a trading card game which turned out to be disaster, in terms of theme song and you know the rest. It's truly the END of the world as we know it.

We know it's based from a trading card game which turned out to be disaster, in terms of theme song and you know the rest. It's truly the END of the world as we know it.

I knew they were trading cards, but there was actually a trading card GAME??? Whatever. I hate those damn things and my 80s childhood would have been PERFECT if it weren't for their existence. Then they were revived in 2003 with new waves. Now there might even be a new movie? Good Lord.

I'd still be interested in reading the article though. Can someone just copy and paste the text so I won't have to see the disturbing picture in the article?

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Here we go:

If you were a kid in the ’80’s, you may have owned at least one Cabbage Patch Kid, and if your parents and school allowed it, you may have have had a lunch box covered with Garbage Pail Kids stickers. The gross-funny trading card/sticker fad, which parodied Cabbage Patch Kids, was also the source material for a movie starring Mackenzie Astin (younger brother to Sean). My memory of the 1987 film is rusty, but disappointment is the the automatic associated emotion. At the very least, despite recalling the “Smelly Kelly†Garbage Pail Kid with nostalgic fondness, unlike many other movies of my youth, I’ve felt no urge to revisit the film in my adult years. Perhaps I’m in the minority there, or else Hollywood thinks the world needs another attempt at a feature take on the fad.

According to Deadline, Michael Eisner’s The Tornante Company is set to finance and produce the development of a Garbage Pail Kids movie. Michael Vukadinovich will pen the script and PES will direct.

Are Garbage Pail Kids making a comeback? Topps has released a Flashback series in recent years. Will the movie be an attempt to join forces on the revived interest in the cards? Or are they looking to draw interest from those of us who once collected them? If that’s the case, I can’t say I’m board (yet, anyway), but I want to reserve judgment until we have more information on what they’re looking to do with the movie. In the meantime, here’s the trailer for the original film, and further down, some sample GPKs for those of you who aren’t familiar with the cards.

Part of me wants to say "Nothing can be as bad as the original"

The rest of me says "Yes. Yes it can" :sweat:

Here we go:

Part of me wants to say "Nothing can be as bad as the original"

The rest of me says "Yes. Yes it can" :sweat:

Thanks man. They even showed samples of cards further down in the link? You've totally saved me from an ocular raping.

I remember when my mother took me to see the first Ninja Turtles movie, and how on the way there she told me "I really don't want to see Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". Little did she know that I could have put her through something much worse.

The word of the day is YES!YES!YES!
Remember the cartoon?

Fun bit of trivia for those unaware:As CBS prepared to air the cartoon,all of the soccer mom groups raised hell saying the show would result in the corruption of impressionable children everywhere.As a result,CBS bent in to their demands and canned the show before it even aired.

The show was then never seen until a DVD release from a few years ago,and ironically this so-called "vile cartoon" really was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be..but that seems to always be the case when it comes to soccer moms.

As for the movie,I have seen it...and it`s so bad it`s good........actually it`s just bad,so bad not even the great Jim Cummings(who voices two of the kids)could make it watchable

Remember the cartoon?

Fun bit of trivia for those unaware:As CBS prepared to air the cartoon,all of the soccer mom groups raised hell saying the show would result in the corruption of impressionable children everywhere.As a result,CBS bent in to their demands and canned the show before it even aired.

The show was then never seen until a DVD release from a few years ago,and ironically this so-called "vile cartoon" really was nowhere near as bad as it was made out to be..but that seems to always be the case when it comes to soccer moms.

I thought about that after seeing this thread, and how I'm sort of surprised that PR didn't get yanked off the air that easily.