Brave Sound~
assuming most of us still have our functioning ps2s, convenience between using different systems is merely the cost of just a little investment. Go out and buy a system switcher or even an AV splitter.

CHANGE! GoseiJon!
YES...IT EXISTS...BUT IT STILL LOOKS LIKE A CRAPPY KNOCK-OFF!

Though, good news is it is $100 cheaper. :castlerock:

taken from a Twitter I follow

PS3Nation:From John Kollar: "Backwards compatibility is off the table" So there we have it. You can pry my 2 60GB models from my cold, dead hands

taken from a Twitter I follow

Quote:
PS3Nation:From John Kollar: "Backwards compatibility is off the table" So there we have it. You can pry my 2 60GB models from my cold, dead hands

I'm still not 100% buying that statement, seeing as Sony has already patented the technology to allow them to emulate the emotion chip through the cell processor months ago. There's still no word on how exactly they plan to use it, but there are really only two options, a software based BC like the 360 has, or adding ps2 down loadable titles to the play station store.

In Justice, We Trust!
I thought they said they were releasing a software to make it backwards compatible? Pretty sure I remember hearing about it on X Play while back.

yeah, im not doubting that there will be backwards compatability, but I will say that it won't come right out of the box come September 1st. I can see it happening in November as a big update. I also doubt Sony will pull a Microsoft and put the library online, the PS2 still sells like hotcakes and companies still put out stuff forit, so it still has legs.

yeah, im not doubting that there will be backwards compatability, but I will say that it won't come right out of the box come September 1st. I can see it happening in November as a big update. I also doubt Sony will pull a Microsoft and put the library online, the PS2 still sells like hotcakes and companies still put out stuff forit, so it still has legs.

I'm sure it won't be like that. At least not exclusively. I wouldn't be adverse to Sony putting up some of the harder to find titles like that though. In the end though, this can only help Sony provided that it's emulated properly (As opposed to the second gen 80 gigs which were limited to only select title emulation like the 360 was. A full library of BC would be great, and definitely a selling point for the PS3, considering all the 'i'll only buy it if they bring back Bc' people.