The PS3 Slim Finally Exists!

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
Meh, I've never really been a fan of sony's slim consoles...but then again, I always end up buying there current gen console before it comes out.

StaticShin27

Brave Sound~
Highly doubt the backwards compatibility, didn't they stop doing those with the regular ones altogether anyways. I'm just curious as to what exactly was taken out to make it 'slim'.

Keith Justice

Only problem left with the system is killer apps I actually want. Once they start talking about bringing over Yakuza 3 and if the new Kingdom Hearts rocks my stuffnjunk... then we can talk.

Wheatley

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I hope it's backwards compatible with PS2 because with that, slim size, and $300 price, I will definitely choose PS3 over Xbox 360. I do not want the Red Ring of Death and I don't wanna pay for online when I get the same kind of online features on the PS3 for free.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I don't think the backwards compatibility thing is a major issue though. Seeing as how most of us here have a PS2 already, and the PS2's pretty cheap now.

Wheatley

DON'T PUSH THAT BUTTON!
I don't think the backwards compatibility thing is a major issue though. Seeing as how most of us here have a PS2 already, and the PS2's pretty cheap now.

Yeah but they need to realize people like me want convenience and more space, so they need to put PS2 backwards compatibility back!

StaticShin27

Brave Sound~
assuming most of us still have our functioning ps2s, convenience between using different systems is merely the cost of just a little investment. Go out and buy a system switcher or even an AV splitter.

Ramses

taken from a Twitter I follow

PS3Nation:From John Kollar: "Backwards compatibility is off the table" So there we have it. You can pry my 2 60GB models from my cold, dead hands

unmei

taken from a Twitter I follow

Quote:
PS3Nation:From John Kollar: "Backwards compatibility is off the table" So there we have it. You can pry my 2 60GB models from my cold, dead hands

I'm still not 100% buying that statement, seeing as Sony has already patented the technology to allow them to emulate the emotion chip through the cell processor months ago. There's still no word on how exactly they plan to use it, but there are really only two options, a software based BC like the 360 has, or adding ps2 down loadable titles to the play station store.

Dark Kabuto

In Justice, We Trust!
I thought they said they were releasing a software to make it backwards compatible? Pretty sure I remember hearing about it on X Play while back.

Ramses

yeah, im not doubting that there will be backwards compatability, but I will say that it won't come right out of the box come September 1st. I can see it happening in November as a big update. I also doubt Sony will pull a Microsoft and put the library online, the PS2 still sells like hotcakes and companies still put out stuff forit, so it still has legs.

unmei

yeah, im not doubting that there will be backwards compatability, but I will say that it won't come right out of the box come September 1st. I can see it happening in November as a big update. I also doubt Sony will pull a Microsoft and put the library online, the PS2 still sells like hotcakes and companies still put out stuff forit, so it still has legs.

I'm sure it won't be like that. At least not exclusively. I wouldn't be adverse to Sony putting up some of the harder to find titles like that though. In the end though, this can only help Sony provided that it's emulated properly (As opposed to the second gen 80 gigs which were limited to only select title emulation like the 360 was. A full library of BC would be great, and definitely a selling point for the PS3, considering all the 'i'll only buy it if they bring back Bc' people.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?