The Pro Wrestling Thread - No Gimmick Needed

Digital Artist
The only things I enjoyed on this weekly RAW show were the Cena/Kevin Owens segment of course. The Cena/Cesaro match was pretty good too and I don't mind the finish at all. Gives reason for a future Owens/Cesaro match. The Paige/Bella Twins storyline does still have my attention because they have built it up to the point where someone has to help Paige eventually. The 8-man Tag Match was fun to watch and glad PTP are getting time to shine. I didn't hate the main event match either. Figured Ambrose would eat the pin but was cool to see Reigns get destroyed post-match.

We finally got a Jack Swagger sighting but similar to when we get a Zack Ryder sighting, it means he's jobbing. Poor Swagger. I don't care about the Big Show/Ryback stuff. And as mentioned before, the Ziggler/Lana thing continues to irk me every week. Rusev has come off looking like a face throughout this whole ordeal also because of his real injury too. I seriously want this angle to end....unless there's a double turn.

n/s
Finn Balor is the new NXT Champion. Looks like Kevin Owens is officially on the main roster.

Digital Artist
Segments I enjoyed this week on RAW were:

-Paige/Brie Bella match. I continue to wonder who will eventually help Paige. This storyline has done a great job of building that situation up.

-Reigns/Sheamus match was good but it's getting predictable with the Bray Wyatt stuff. I figured Wyatt was going to interfere with his mind games. Oh yeah, Randy Orton returns to attack Sheamus too. That was nice.

-Loved the beatdown Rusev gave on Ziggler. And with Summer Rae throwing Lana out of the ring. However, roles continue to look confusing here.

-Enjoyed Lesnar destroying J & J's car. He was looking like a boss out there. Just hope that door he tossed out didn't hurt someone badly. Seth Rollins' mic work was good all night.

-Lucha Dragons/New Day match was fine and glad New Day got the win.

-Very long match between Cena/Cesaro. Got a 15 minute overrun. It was entertaining but very predictable. Nothing big happened. Just Cena winning again. Much better show than last week.

BEST IN THE WORLD!!!
This was definitely a great weekend for wrestling:

Ferg (Finn Balor) winning the NXT title
Okada beating AJ Styles to win the IWGP Heavyweight title in an awesome match!
Kushida beating Kenny Omega to become the new IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion!

And Raw was in my home town, which I decided not to go to because WWE has been boring.

View attachment 45

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-05-16-37-38.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-05-16-37-38.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 77
Heroes are forever
And he lost it to Okada. This is getting repetitive. Great match, though.

S

scikaiju

I totally agree about reDragon, I just don't get the point of kicking the guy in the back right before O'Riely hits the brainbuster.