The Pro Wrestling Thread - No Gimmick Needed

BELIEVE IN THE #KYOUKOARMY
Royal Rumble 2014 Predictions vs. Results:

- The Rhodes Family vs. The New Age Outlaws (WWE Tag Team Championship Match)

Prediction:

[hide]The Rhodes family wins this one.[/hide]

Result/Comments:

[hide]The NAO win the Tag Titles.

Now why the **** would these two guys get the tag belts--wait, who's in charge again? RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT. Now it makes sense.

At least these guys are relevant again, plus it pretty much cements the tag team division's revival.[/hide]

- Big Show vs. Brock Lesnar

Prediction:

[hide]Nice way to set up Show to get bodied at the PPV. That's exactly what's going to happen. (Although Show's imitation of Heyman was godlike lol)[/hide]

Result/Comments:

[hide]As expected. Pretty sure Show won't be imitating Heyman anytime soon, especially not with 4358490285 welts on his back after all those chair shots. Ouch.[/hide]

- Daniel Bryan vs. Bray Wyatt

Prediction:

[hide]Daniel Bryan, free. Pretty sure the rest of the Family's going to try and assert themselves, but Daniel's going to ride that huge wave of momentum from the past few months and win it.[/hide]

Result/Comments:

[hide]Bray Wyatt takes advantage of a concussed DB and wins.

Easily match of the night. Some great storytelling here.[/hide]

- Randy Orton vs. John Cena (WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match)

Prediction:

[hide]Cena Wins LOL[/hide]

Result/Comments:

[hide]After a run-in by The Wyatt Family, Orton retains.

Well, they had to set up for their eventual WrestleMania match somehow. Why not here?

Who really wins this match, though? The Pittsburgh crowd. Goes to show how professional both guys were to have to go through that all throughout the match. Also, Cena played off it by doing some heel-like tactics of his own.[/hide]

- The Royal Rumble

Prediction:

[hide]Batista wins. They didn't bring his ass back for nothing, especially not some random feud with Alberto Del Rio. Although CM Punk at #1 might make things interesting.[/hide]

Result/Comments:

[hide]As expected. Batista DID win, although the crowd reaction was less than stellar. A lot of folks were definitely behind Roman Reigns throughout the Rumble and expected him to win.

Also, WWE trolling their own fans by not putting Daniel Bryan in the match is a HUGE way to decrease their PPV buyrates. You have a huge gold mine in the bearded goat and you waste it. Even HE said in an interview that he wanted to be in the Rumble match and Triple H told him no.

I just feel bad for Rey Mysterio, who was the last guy to come out. He unjustly ended up being a victim of circumstance. I'm pretty much thinking he also felt Daniel should've been in.[/hide]

Overall, this year's Royal Rumble is proving that WWE's PPVs are on a huge downward spiral. So long as Trips is in charge, it looks like it's going to stay that way, even with the WWE Network set to launch next month. No one's going to be willing to pay $10/month if they keep screwing people over like this.

I just feel bad for Rey Mysterio, who was the last guy to come out. He unjustly ended up being a victim of circumstance. I'm pretty much thinking he also felt Daniel should've been in.

Though, ironically, in that short time he was in the Rumble, he managed to generate more genuine heel heat than Orton has during this entire Authority storyline. :laugh:

So It's Hunter that's actually running the show now, not Steph or Vince?

It's the McMahon-Helmsley Regime all over again, but this time at a higher level.

However, they DID respond tonight with a huge script rewrite as a response to the overwhelming reaction from the Rumble, both at the PPV and from the IWC. They were still doing major rewrites 90 minutes prior to the actual show kicking off.

Though, ironically, in that short time he was in the Rumble, he managed to generate more genuine heel heat than Orton has during this entire Authority storyline. :laugh:

Not the first time. I think peeps have forgotten that he was unmasked during his WCW days and was a heel there too. The Filthy Animals, anyone?

is Mayor of Farmville
It's the McMahon-Helmsley Regime all over again, but this time at a higher level.

However, they DID respond tonight with a huge script rewrite as a response to the overwhelming reaction from the Rumble, both at the PPV and from the IWC. They were still doing major rewrites 90 minutes prior to the actual show kicking off.

Whoa...To do rewrites so close to the show going on air? Damn...Guess McMahon knew he screwed up.

Digital Artist
Kinda hard for me to judge this week's show. A lot of random stuff happened. The Real Americans defeating Misterio/Sin Cara (loved Zeb Coulter's promo though), R-Truth defeating Fangango, the Battle for Cleveland was weird as The Miz still seems off as a face/heel right now and I could've swore Ziggler did not get an entrance. The Usos got a win over a stock falling team of Axel and Ryback while Del Rio and Kingston had a very lengthy match but ADR won it so nothing new. AJ ate the pinfall loss in the Divas tag team match and sucked that the Rhodes Brothers' rematch for the Tag Titles ended with a Lesnar run-in. Speaking of Lesnar, what a waste of a staredown with Orton and Batista. Back in the old days, we used to get serious brawls but now we get lame watered down promo talks. Batista's return has been lackluster so far and this is not good at all. Lastly, the main event match was cool and I wonder if the finish of the match will lead to a Shield/Wyatt Family match. They can't be happy with the result. No CM Punk in the show at all.

Eye See You
WWE lineage.

Good. I was wondering because originally the WWE Title was called the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, back during Hogan's 2nd run.

Saw the Rumble and it was ok. Needed more surprise entrants but I was glad NXT's Alexander Rusev showed up, he is a taller version of Taz and a future champ. Roman Reigns fucking shined in this PPV... holy ****, man.

What WWE needs to do is drop Orton and Batista's Main event for Mania and make it D-Bryan vs. Roman Reigns.

Outlaws as tag champs is a yawn and a fucking half. I'm over this Attitude era ****, I get it, I loved it, great... done.

For a single moment during the PPV I actually wanted to see Ryback Meathook the **** out of Batista.

n/s
After the Ultimate Warrior, Jake the Snake Robert's next for this year's Hall of Fame induction.