The Pro Wrestling Thread - No Gimmick Needed

Digital Artist
RAW "LIKES"
-Nice opening promo from HHH, Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. Triple H even had to bring up the nice rating last week's show got. Wait a minute, Randy Orton was rewarded a car. I remember what happened the last time he receiver a car on a show. Glad to see that tradition continue with Bryan spraying paint over it. Lol...

-After jobbing all year, Cody Rhodes is on a hot streak. He picked up two wins in a short amount of time. Holy cow, Rosa Mendes is back! And randomly paired with The Miz too! How come she's back while Epico and Primo have disappeared? Just kidding. I know why.

-This CM Punk/Heyman/Axel feud is getting intense and I like it. Just sucks that Axel still seems randomly thrown into it. He is not going over Punk at all and we know that.

-Dat AJ Lee pipebomb promo. Damns, so much truth was said and the crowd loved it. They started chanting "AJ! AJ! AJ!" during it too. AJ buried every Diva involved in that lame show. Poor Natalya though as she deserves better.

-Ever since Darren Young came out of the closet, the Prime Time Players got more TV time and started racking up wins. Amazing what a revelation can do for your career. Zeb Coulter sounds like a racist now though. Lol...

-The main event match didn't even feel like a Gauntlet match. It was mostly Bryan vs Rollins. Nice match and loved the turnbuckle suplex spot. I wonder if Big Show is going to play a part of this storyline since the camera kept showing him. I'm digging this storyline as we really have no clue how Bryan is going to overcome this.

"DISLIKES"
-Kinda figured RVD was going to beat ADR to become the #1 contender for the World Title. That Title has looked so de-valued now I kinda don't care for it anymore.

-Randy Orton and Christian fought a nice match but too bad I got tired of their matches after their feud during 2010. No different here with Orton going over as well.

-The Bella Twins and Eva Marie got buried by AJ's mic skills and they tried to no sell it with their constant yelling. Shut up already.

Above average show overall.

Dull Brilliance
Again loved the AJ promo because there was a lot of truth to it.

I think the crowd chanted Big Show at the end because apparently the writers are the only ones that forgot that Triple H can't fire him because Big Show has an ironclad contract.

Eye See You
**** Dixie. I'm sure she'll **** up AJ's contract too.

I'm so glad HHH is Evil COO now, he is so fucking good as a heel. I'm really loving this new Corporation with the Shield.

So it's been a number of years since I watched a full pro wrestling show to its completion but I'd been hearing some interesting things about this Daniel Bryant guy. I had Monday night free so I decided to check Raw out.

I'm kind of dismayed that the WWE is still HHH's personal fanfiction. He gets gobs and gobs of screen time where he gets to go on and on about how awesome he is (when he was never ever that good a performer) and meanwhile Bryant is being massively buried already.

I mean, okay, first week after the PPV it's okay to have Byant get beaten senseless and have everything at its darkest since you're setting up the next plot line. To have the exact same thing happen the exact same way the very next week makes Bryant look like a joke who has no business being there.

And given the way HHH has always influenced things behind the scenes since he married Stephanie, that's probably the point.

Pardon my skepticism but people said Booker T would be World Champion after HHH started using the N-word to describe him and that never happened.

Lurker
I mean, okay, first week after the PPV it's okay to have Byant get beaten senseless and have everything at its darkest since you're setting up the next plot line. To have the exact same thing happen the exact same way the very next week makes Bryant look like a joke who has no business being there.

That's my main issue with it as well. It happens way too often that the show end the exact same way several weeks in a row, and it's usually with a face getting beaten up.

Is not impressed right now...
Anybody watch NXT?

I don't want to sound like Forever Knight, but Bayley's ass is amazing. Like, really amazing. It's one of the nicest asses I've ever seen on a female wrestler. I'd pay to have her sit on my face.