The Princess: Joey King rather rescue herself than wait for a Prince!

Staff member

The Princess is the Hollywood debut of the Vietnamese-born director Le-Van Kiet. He is well-known in his home nation of Vietnam for his action and horror films. This film, along with the Shark Film “The Requin,” is his big opportunity to crossover. The Princess wants to break the trope of a Damsel in Distress. Ben Lustig and Jake Thornton pen the script. Remember how The Prince and Maleficent have most of the face time in Sleeping Beauty while Aurora just slept the whole film. That is a prime example of this old trope still haunts fiction revolving around King’s daughters.
They are both men, but they seem to deliver on the challenge of writing a strong female character. The movie centers around a Royal daughter who decided to control her fate. Instead of depending on a man to help...

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Glowing
When I was a little girl, I want to be a Princess but not anymore. I prefer to be the Empress that rules over the Empire! Than a weak Princess to be rescued. I like the concept of this movie. I can't believe Joey King is all grown up now because I remember her a little girl in the Ramona and Beezus movie with Selena Gomez playing her big sister.

Remember the Disney film Brave? This is like a live action version of it. Both movies are about Ginger haired Princesses who refuses to get married. I love how the society had progressed. Older films is always about women being desperate to have a man in their life. A woman can be happy even without getting married.

There's Plastic tree
I love WWE and the Joan Jett Song, Reputation which is used in the Trailer is Ronda Rousey's entrance theme.

AMAWEMEN Hear me roar!
I can see those straight while male "anti-woke" Vloggers on YouTube hating this movie now and I will watch this movie as a celebration of their misery. Why are men so hateful of strong female characters. Why they accuse every female lead film as "woke"

Pain is temporary, Success is Forever
@Awakens The trailer is already getting Dislikes Bombs. Are men's masculinity so fragile right now that they tremble with fear and hate whenever they see a strong woman?

Joey King is a future superstar! Can't wait to see this movie.

This movie is like a decade late. We already have badass Princesses in movies like Rapunzel in movies. It is not something new.

The response to this movie is a clear indication of the problems with this country and its culture. This movie is about a tomboyish girl who wants to be a knight rather than playing the stereotypically feminine roles of the time. How woke is this? Not at all. Now if she starts identifying as a tumblr gender and wants to transition to an Attack Helicopter, then that is woke. This is merely a tomboy girl and a movie about empowering women to be strong and independent.