The Original GODZILLA Being Restored & Remastered for the Criterion Collection!

Eye See You
Any set release date?.

Sept 27th = Destroy All Monsters & Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris on Blu-ray.

October = Godzilla vs. Megalon on Blu-ray.

Eye See You
Give me Mechagodzilla on Blu and I'll be happier than a black guy at a fat woman get together.

Eye See You
:disappoin

I could... but meh... I'd rather watch those ones subbed since they have less action than the typical Kamen Rider or Sentai blu.

Any set release date?.

We're talking a full restoration on two films that have only JUST been secured and announced, not to mention special features and so forth. I expect these to come out in a year or two, certainly no sooner.

By the way, the Blu-Ray you've already bought is just a cheap-o DVD upscale, meaning that it certainly will look like total elephant dung when compared to a CRITERION-level restoration. Have you seen their work?

To get an idea of what to expect, check out the Blu-Ray screencaps from their Seven Samurai release: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/dvdcompare7/sevensamurai.htm

So, if I am right, you should be able to just get Gojira .

I can't see it being cost-effective at ALL to release them separately. They're going to make more money off of selling them as a single set and I would hate to think they'd even consider releasing them any other way.

So if they are restoring Gojira and GKOTM, are they going to use the restored footage of Gojira and splice it with the GKOTM print for the Gojira stock footage ?

They have a pretty spectacular source print of GKotM to work from so I kind of doubt that.

Negative-sounding talk aside, I am STUPID excited for this release.

Eye See You
I may just have to return my Godzilla Blu-ray because of this. I haven't even opened it yet but I refuse to get ass raped like a midget and buy some lousy DVD upscale bullshit.

Twitter - @MisturYellow
There are quite a few Blu-Rays that are simply DVD upscales.

D

Dr Kain

I may just have to return my Godzilla Blu-ray because of this. I haven't even opened it yet but I refuse to get ass raped like a midget and buy some lousy DVD upscale bullshit.

Yeah, the Classic Media one is just an upscale.

If Criterion's relese looks just as good or better than Toho's BD release, this is going to be the best release of the movie ever in the States.