The Original GODZILLA Being Restored & Remastered for the Criterion Collection!

Yeah, the Classic Media one is just an upscale.

If Criterion's relese looks just as good or better than Toho's BD release, this is going to be the best release of the movie ever in the States.

I'm also pretty excited to see what the US version will look like! (With the original credits and all! Cut from the current prints, which are 16mm TV prints.)

Eye See You
Yeah, the Classic Media one is just an upscale.

If Criterion's relese looks just as good or better than Toho's BD release, this is going to be the best release of the movie ever in the States.

The word on the street is it's going to be the absolute BEST release of Godzilla, especially for the price tag it's gonna have. Nobody's gonna be paying $25 for a **** quality Blu-ray film.

Eye See You
It could be Jesus Christ of Nazareth, I am always unsure until I actual pop the disc into my player and see it for myself lol.

Then you're obviously unfamiliar with Criterion's work because that's the only kind of person I know who ever doubts them. :p

Eye See You
I am unfamiliar with them. I've heard of them but don't got any Blu-rays from them.

This will clearly change come Jan 24th. :thumbs:

Lurker
I am unfamiliar with them. I've heard of them but don't got any Blu-rays from them.

This will clearly change come Jan 24th. :thumbs:

Criterion makes awesome Blu-Rays. I have them for the 1946 French Beauty and the Beast, Akira Kurosawa's High and Low and his Seven Samurai. All of them looked and sounded great and had great audio. The extra were awesome too (the films were awesome; highly recommended). This release of Godzilla is going to rock and I will buy it. Going to to be expensive since either the next week or week before will be the TNG sampler on Blu-Ray (another great release).

Twitter - @MisturYellow
Not many people might be, but I'm glad they were able to do the American version as well.

Not many people might be, but I'm glad they were able to do the American version as well.

While the American version might not have been as good {kinda like a different beast though] , it's like the first adaptation of a Japanese product into an American one like Power Rangers.

Hopefully , LP will take note of both films and create a mishmash of both films via a remake or like multi-lingual films.

While the American version might not have been as good {kinda like a different beast though] , it's like the first adaptation of a Japanese product into an American one like Power Rangers.

Hopefully , LP will take note of both films and create a mishmash of both films via a remake or like multi-lingual films.

For one, Godzilla, King of the Monsters! respected the original Japanese version. Raymond Burr was not a protagonist, but a commentator, basically telling us what's happening in the film. This is different from worse, total Americanizations like Varan the Unbelievable. That was a very bad case of Power Rangerization. (And is thankfully not available on DVD; whereas the Japanese version is released here by Media Blasters.)

For two, I am certain that there will be no Americanization or Japanization of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla film, which will be made as is, and will be shown in Japan as is (dubbed or subbed). The film will have full cooperation between the US and Japan, as it should.

Watch films like Frankenstein Conquers the World, Monster Zero, War of the Gargantuas, King Kong Escapes, and Latitude Zero (all Toho) to see how a film done between Japan and the US should be made. Very few changes were made (WOTG had a few alternate scenes), and yet, are both made available in the US. Why fix something that isn't broke?