THE ONLY MOD HASN'T BEEN ONLINE SINCE FUCKING SEPTEMBER

Odd. I've posted there without a problem. But I don't post much, I just lurk most of the time and try to sell some stuff.

I'm starting to feel that there's a general lack of "mental stimulation" in the fandom. Maybe it's just me, but I feel that reading and watching heavily outside of the genre has given me insights on things that fans often either hate, make fun of, or consider cliched. Even things I used to not like or think uninspired/repetetive have taken on a new light for me.

It's Judgement Time!
Speaking of the death of forums, TokuNation is quite active. I don't know what their secret is compared to HJU and Japan Hero before that. Is Rangerboard still popular?

tokuNation's secret might be that they have a large community already established for their Transformers site, which drives traffic for their TokuNation site. They definitely have an advantage that they are accessible and more prominent in social media. I see links and references to TN all over the place, but no peeps of HJU.

tokuNation's secret might be that they have a large community already established for their Transformers site, which drives traffic for their TokuNation site. They definitely have an advantage that they are accessible and more prominent in social media. I see links and references to TN all over the place, but no peeps of HJU.

Not sure why I didn't think of this til just now, but could the same thing work with anime? Make two, well-designed and inviting places for both anime and tokusatsu, and have each site promote the other? Which anime title(s) or franchise(s) should be signal boosted to help promote the anime site? It would seem a little short-sided to just promote titles like the new Gridman anime. It'd have to be something big and trending, but also might have some lasting market value. My first thought would be something like "My (Boku no) Hero Academia", but I bet that all ready has a ton of fan outlets and social media outlets.

Mad Skillz
The crossover between anime fans and tokusatsu fans isn't as big as you might think. Unfortunately, unless you're one of those forums that managed to have a strong hold and survive social media, you kinda have to migrate to Twitter or Facebook. Reddit has some...decent communities, but they aren't always the most active.